Episode 25 - Every Little Detail

Start from the beginning

I listened carefully to every word he spoke before nodding.

"Alright. If you truly believe that he won't find out about her, then I won't deny you." I agreed before raising my pointer finger up in the air. "However, if John does end up searching for answers, I'm putting 'Headmistress Emma' in her records. There won't be a last name."

"That'll be better. Thank you." He responded, then sighed. "I'm sorry for laying it all out to you like this. It's just that...I'm truly scared out of my mind. I couldn't stand it before, and I certainly can't now. You have to know, Sir. That I absolutely hate to lie to John. More than anything."

...

"I'm aware."

...

CLICK!

I heard the door open as I looked up from my desk.

"Sir?" A familiar man with parted beige hair, blue eyes, and black circular spectacles asked.

"Ah, Keene. Please. Do come in." I greeted him as he walked forward to my desk.

His eyes immediately darted to the picture of Emma Doe on the document that I was holding.

"Emma Doe..." The beige haired man's sentence drifted off. "Sir, if you don't mind me asking. Why would you look at her documents now? What would be the point of it? It's already been three long years. Yet none of the authorities have given us any information..."

...

"That's true." I agreed. "However, it should be our jobs as vital members of Wellston to step up to the plate while the other adults ignore the mess that surrounds them. I believe that that is what Wellston Private High School truly is. A place where we solve problems deliberately."

I paused for a moment. "Keene, would you care to find more information about Mrs. Doe?"

His glasses shined as he smiled brightly. "Yes, Sir!"

Suddenly, a ringing noise appeared out of nowhere.

Keene pulled out his phone from his pants pocket and glanced up towards me.

"If you'll excuse me, Headmaster..." He said.

I nodded. "That's quite alright. Come in contact with me whenever you find something new about that woman. We'll need all the help we can get to make sure that she returns."

Keene bowed before facing the other direction and going out of my office to receive the call.

The door shut loudly.

Seraphina's POV

Wellston Private High School, Manner Hall, 8:58AM

...

Hmm..." I thought to myself in my head while putting a finger to my chin. "He hasn't contacted me in a bit. Wonder if he did get to talk to him. Knowing those two, it'd be pretty hard though."

...

Ah! Speak of the devil!

I looked up to see a glimpse of curly blond hair that peeked near a wall.

I speed walked up to the boy, moving my fast quickly. Once I got to him, I placed a hand on his shoulder and he stopped walking.

"Well, well, well..." I mused. "Look who it is. Arlo. Just the man I wanted to see! Funny that I was just thinking about you, and you just showed up right in front of me, huh?"