Chapter 21

Derek woke up early to Zola's cries . He quietly slipped out of bed, avoiding Merediths propped up hand and opened the door, walking to Zola's room.

Derek stepped into Zola's ' room and walked over to her crib. "Da." She babbled. "Good morning baby." Derek whispered as he lifted the baby into his arms. Zola rested her head on her fathers chest, safe and warm.

Derek carried Zola out and quickly made himself a cup of coffee befor putting Zola into her chair. Derek grabbed some breakfast for Zola and sat down to feed it. "Is that good?" He asked with a smile as Zola grinned adorably.

Derek got himself some muesli and smiled. "Mama has to take it easy today, so we're probably just gonna stay home today. We can help mama with her exercises." Derek explained, even knowing that Zola would not understand him.

Meredith woke up a little while later to little voices downstairs, much as she had previous days. She carefully moved her arm and walked downstairs into the living room.

Meredith sat down on the couch next to Derek who was cuddling with baby Zola and kissed him softly before grabbing Zola out of his arms and into hers.

"How's the arm?" Derek asked. "It's fine." Meredith replied. "We should get started on those exercises now. We have that dinner with molly soon." Derek pointed out. "Yay." Meredith said with a sarcastic smile.

Derek grabbed her 1 and 2 pound weight and grabbed a few extras for the kids. "Just do a few curls to start off. 10." He instructed. Meredith rolled her eyes but grabbed the weights. She curled her wrists up and down 10 times. "How's that feel?" Derek asked.

"It stings a little bit, but not bad." Meredith replied. "Ma!" Zola exclaimed as she curled the weight with dereks help. "Wow Zo! So strong!" Meredith replied with a giggle. Zola smiled back and beamed with pride.

"Now just do those finger tap things a few times. It's important you keep your fingers moving." Derek said. Meredith brought each of her fingers to her thumb many times and smiled. "Not too shabby." She said. "Not at all." He replied with a kiss to the cheek.

Meredith grabbed her phone when it started ringing. "Dr Grey." She said professionally, walking into the kitchen where it was quieter.

"Hi Meredith, it's molly."

"Oh, hi molly. Uh, how are you?" Meredith asked. "Pretty good. Dad- our dad, he's doing really good. Almost has full feeling in his legs already." Molly replied. "Good. So what's up?" Meredith asked.

"Dads here and we just wanted to check in." Molly said. "Oh. Uh, I'm doing well. Zola and Derek and I just did my exercises so it's good." Meredith explained.

"That's great! We talked to Lexie and Mark and they agreed to go to a dinner This Saturday." Molly said. "I'll check our schedule, but I think that should work. Derek and I both have the weekend off." Meredith replied.

"Great!" Molly squealed. "We're bringing the kids right?" Meredith asked. "Yeah. Eric and I are bringing Dylan and Laura." Molly replied. "Okay. Sounds good." She said. "Alright, we just wanted to say hi." Molly said. "Alright. Bye molly, bye that- dad." Meredith said awkwardly. "Bye mer." Thatcher said in the background as she phone hung up.

"Dinner this Saturday with molly and her kids and my father." Meredith announced as she walked back into the living room. "Nice. You okay with that?" Derek asked softly. "I think so. I want Zo and the baby to have a family." Meredith replied.

"Speaking of our little baby, how have you been feeling? Nausea?" Derek asked. "No, I'm almost 12 weeks so that should be passed." Meredith replied as she rubbed her hand over her still flat bump. "I can't wait until you start showing." He admitted. "Why? So I look like a fat whale?" Meredith asked with a snort.

"No, so I can show off my beautiful pregnant wife." Derek replied as he rubbed her belly. Meredith chuckled and kissed him deeply. "I love you." She whispered, resting her forehead on his. "I love you too." He replied with a big smile until a small hand pushed his face away.

Meredith and Derek looked down at their daughter, who just giggled. "You're so perfect." Derek murmered. "She's knows it too." Meredith commented as she watched her husband play animatedly with their daughter. "She's got her daddy's ego." Meredith added.

Derek scoffed in amusement. "Hand still feeling okay?" He asked. "I'm good Derek." Meredith assured. "Okay. Just let me know if it starts to get sore or- or tingly." Derek replied. "I will." She said.

The rest of the day was kind of boring. They played with Zola a lot and then cuddled on the couch. At night, they put Zola to bed and the 'pregnancy hormones' Meredith said she had encouraged them to have some fun of their own.

Hey guys! Sorry for this filler, I had to write something. Anyways hope you guys all enjoyed this and if you have any ideas for future chapters feel free to drop them. Hope your all doing well!