Chapter 4

2 days earlier

Back at the hospital, Owen hunt sat at his desk filling out paperwork until he got a phone call. "Hello?" He answered. "Dr hunt, hi. This is Dr Marie Hills calli from Boise Memorial. Uh, your surgeons were supposed to be here a few hours ago." She said. Owen frowned. "They aren't there?" He asked in worry. "No sign of them. We called the airline, they said they haven't landed." Dr Hills said.

"Okay. Uh, I have to figure this out. I'll call you pick." Owen said as he ended the call and dialed the airline. "Hi, this is Dr Owen Hunt. My surgeons were sent on a plane from Seattle to Boise, did they land yet?" He asked. "No sir. We meant to call you. The transmitter lost signal. We...we think they crashed. We sent helicopters out looking for them now." The man said. Owens jaw dropped.

"Oh my god." He muttered. "I'm sorry sir. We will get back to you as soon as we know something." The man said as he ended the call. Owen sat in shock for a moment before paging everyone to the attendings lounge he made his way to.

Once everyone got there, he was flooded with questions. "Owen, how did the surgery go in Boise?" Callie asked. "Listen up everybody." He said, his voice wavering. "We think the plane crashed. There is no records of them landing, and the transmitter lost signal. There are dozens of helicopters out looking for them." Owen said.

Gasps collected around the rooms. "No way!" Alex exclaimed. "You're joking, right? Tell me your joking?" Callie asked in fear for her wife and best friend. "No, I'm not joking. Listen, this is going to be difficult for everyone. First, we need to talk about families. Richard, if you can help me call them to inform that would be great. And as for Zola, who has her?" Owen asked.

"I'll keep watching her." Alex said quietly. "Okay. Everybody, please, keep working as best as you can. I will try to keep you all updated as best as possible." He said. Everyone left the room, in complete shock.

"God." Richard said In worry for everyone, mostly Meredith. "I know Richard. We need to call the families." Owen said. "Let's start with the shepherds." Richard requested. Owen found the phone number and they dialed it.

"Carolyn Shepherd." A female voice said. "Hi Mrs Shepherd. Uh, my name is Owen hunt, chief at Seattle Grace Mercy West." Owen said. "Oh no." Carolyn said. "I'm calling to talk to you about Derek." He said. "What happened?" She asked worriedly. "Him and 5 other doctors were sent on a plane to Boise for a surgery. We think the plane crashed." He said softly. "Oh god. Not my son!" Carolyn  cried. "We aren't sure of his condition yet. I think itd be best for you to fly to Seattle for a little while until we do." He said. "Okay." Carolyn said.

After a little more consoling, they got around to calling other families, them just as shocked.

Bailey paced around the hospital. 2 of her interns-former interns, but interns none the less were on that plane. Meredith and Derek just adopted a beautiful baby girl. Arizona and Mark have families. Why? Why does it happen to her friends?

She came around Alex holding baby Zola by the nurses station, looking deep in thought. "Alex." She said softly as she put a hand on his shoulder. He turned around. "How? How does this stuff happen? Why does it happen to good people?" He asked sadly. "I don't know Alex. We have to hope for the best." Bailey replied. He nodded.

"I have informed all families. All I ask for you guys is that you continue to work. I will keep you all updated." Owen announced in the lobby.

Present day

Back in the woods, the medevac doctors jaws dropped at the small camp formed by the doctors. The main doctor, Dr Martin Fields radioed in. "We got them. They all look to be unconscious, we will get back to you with more later." He said through his Walkie talkie. "I'll take her. She looks the worst." He said as he kneeled down next to Meredith, still wrapped up in dereks arms. He gently moved her away, careful not to disturb her nasty looming arm.

"I got a weak pulse over here." He declared. All 6 surgeons from seattle now each had 6 medevac doctors.

After some brief examinations, the medevac doctors gathered. "Order from critical to non critical. That's the order we will take them in. I already know mine is worse, call her patient 1." Martin said. "Second is patient number 2 (Lexie)." Another one said. Then Arizona, then Derek, then Mark, then Cristina.

They got Meredith first settled into a helicopter and attached to an iv, an oxygen mask, and multiple machines. "Let's go now!" Martin said as the driver started up the engine and they went up.

Back at the hospital, present day

Richard got a phone call while checking a patient and stepped out of the room to take it. "Dr Webber." He said. "Dr Webber, this is Dr Martin Fields, head medevac doctor. We found your surgeons." He said. Richards eyes went wide. "What's their conditions?" He asked. "2 critical, the rest should be okay. We have an eta of 30 minutes to your hospital. Page your best ortho and neuro attending, their gonna need it." Martin said. "Okay. Thank you." Richard said as he ran off to find hunt.

Owen was speaking in the lobby once again when Richard came in. "They found them!" He yelled. "Their eta is 30 minutes. Get Torres and the best neuro attending we have. Let's go!" Richard exclaimed. Everyone quickly moved in to action and got ready.

Hey guys!! Exciting chapter here. Sorry for all the time jumps, it may get a little confusing. Hope you guys enjoyed it!