Chapter 9

2 day time jump, day 7

Meredith, Arizona, Cristina, and Lexie were all going home today with their partners. Derek and Mark were perfect, neither one of them having any injuries other than a concussion. Most of their injuries, minus Lexie's leg and Merediths arm were healed.

Meredith woke up, very anxious to go. She looked around and frowned when she didn't see Derek. As if on cue, he walked through the door with their beautiful daughter in his arms. "Ma!" Zola cheered when she saw her mother. Zola squirmed in Dereks arms until he carefully placed her down on Merediths bed.

"Mama!" Zola squealed happily as she climbed up onto her lap. "Ouchie?" Zola asked as she saw Merediths heavily casted arm. "Ouchie." Meredith said. Zola gently kissed the sling, causing Meredith and dereks hearts to melt. She laid flat on top of her mother's stomach and curled into her chest. Meredith rubbed her back soothingly with her good arm and sighed.

"Ready to go home soon?" Derek asked softly as he admired his two girls. "Very." Meredith replied. "Bailey said she'd come by as soon as she can with your discharge papers." Said Derek. "I know." Meredith responded.

A little while later, Bailey did in fact come with her discharge papers. "Grey, you have to take it easy at home. No lifting at all with that arm." Bailey said. "Even if I wanted to I don't think I can." Meredith muttered under her breath. "Grey. Seriously, no lifting at all. I don't want you doing anything with arm. You can hold Zola with the other. And Derek is going to have to help you. He took 3 weeks off." Bailey said.

"Okay." Meredith said, annoyed. Bailey handed her the papers, and Meredith struggled to grasp the pen in her good hand correctly. Meredith was a righty, so she would have to adjust to using her left hand. Derek helped her hold the pen and Meredith very messily scribbled her signature. "Good. I know it's annoying Grey, but it's the only way it'll heal." Bailey said. "I know that." Meredith snapped. "Okay. I'll see you later." Bailey said calmly as she left the room.

"Are you okay?" Derek asked. "I hate this." Meredith grumbled. "I know you do. Let's get you home." Derek said as he helped her up and out of bed. Before settling her in a wheelchair, he cupped her face and gently pressed her lips against his. "It's gonna be okay." He said reassuringly when he pulled back. She nodded and sat down gently in the wheelchair, Zola still held tightly to her lap, fast asleep.

As they exited the hospital room, nurses and doctors clapped For the couple, with maybe 'get well's'. Meredith did not like this attention, so Derek have a friendly smile and got them out as quickly as possible.

They got out to the car and Derek got Zola in first, then Meredith. She stood up and with her good arm grabbed the handle of the car and pulled herself in. She attempted to buckle herself up, but it was difficult. "I got it Mer." Derek said softly as he reached across her and snapped the buckle in place.

Derek drove home with a comfortable hand resting on Merediths thigh. He knew Meredith never liked being taken care of if she could help it, and now, she didn't have a choice. But Derek was happy to help
Her. He was just worried about the affect it was all taking on her mental health.

They got home and Derek successfully got both Meredith and Zola out of the car and into the couch. He helped Meredith on the couch, and propped her arm up on a mountain of pillows. Zola, who was being very clingy today, most likely because her parents were gone for a whole week, curled up to Meredith once again on the couch.

Derek brought all of Merediths hospital stuff in and then sat down on the couch with his family. "Here." He said as he handed Meredith her pain meds and a glass of water. Meredith flashed a small smile before downing the pills and handing the glass back to Derek. "Thanks." She said. "My pleasure." Hs replied as he kissed her forehead and wrapped an arm gently around her. 

"You need anything?" Derek asked. Meredith mumbled something incoherent, her meds making her sleepy. "I love you." He whispered. "I love you too." She mumbled.

Mark had take Lexie home around the same time as Meredith and Derek. Getting Lexie in and out of the car and inside of his apartment was a slight struggle, but they did it. They agreed to stay at marks apartment togetehr in case she needed anything and because at Merediths house it would've been difficult to get up the stars. Marks apartment complex had an elevator, so it was bad.

Lexie was on crutches, with a very large and a very tight brace on her leg. When they got home, Mark had her sit down and elavate her leg. He quickly made some lunch for them and sat down next to her.

Cristina and Owen went home as well. Physically, Cristina was fine and naturally did not accept any help from Owen. Mentally, she was getting better, but did not like the dark and occasionally had trouble sleeping. Owen did his best to make her feel comfortable though.

Callie and Arizona went home with Sofia. Arizona's back wasn't horrible, so when they got home, the 3 girls relaxed on the couch, enjoying the time together.

Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! If you have any ideas for future chapters, feel free to drop them! Hope your all doing Well!!