Chapter 7

The next morning, Lexie woke up again. Yesterday, she had woken up, but she was in a lot of pain so Dr Birch had given her a lot of morphine, which knocked her out.

"Welcome back sleeping beauty." Mark said softly. "Hi." Lexie whispered with a smile. "How are you feeling?" Mark asked. "Sore. But good." Lexie replied quietly. "Ah, ms Grey. Nice to see you awake. My name is Dr Birch, I performed the surgery on your leg." He said formally. "Thank you." Lexie said. "Of course. Would you like to know what happened?" He asked. Lexis nodded.

"So, your leg had extensive damage and an infection from being outside for so long. As you know, your femur was sticking out. I repaired that with some metal plates and screws. It will take time and physical therapy, but I believe you will be up and walking in a few months." He explained. Lexie nodded slowly, absorbing all the information.

"So I'll be okay?" She asked, getting sleepier by the minute. "You'll be just fine." Dr birch replied before leaving the room.

"Mark?" Lexie asked. "Yeah?" Mark replied. "Julia." Lexie blurted. Mark sighed. "I texted her and told her we're done. She didn't care. I love you, lex." Mark replied genuinely. "But-" Lexie started. "No buts. I love you Lexie Grey. Julia wasn't you. Your it for me. Once we're both out of here, I wanna marry you." Mark rambled. "You-you do?" Lexie stammered in shock.

"I do. I'm ready to settle down. Ever since you came into my life your the only one I've wanted to be with. You make me want to be better. You make me happier than I've ever been." He admitted. "I love you so much." Lexie whispered. "I love you too Lex." Mark replied as he kissed her gently.

Down the next few rooms, Arizona and Callie were in the room togetehr. "Callie?" Arizona asked sleepily. "I'm here." Callie said quickly as she grabbed her hand lightly. Arizona had some trouble sleeping last night so she requested a sedative to help. "Does it hurt?" Callie asked as she noticed Arizona wince as she shifted. "Little bit." Arizona mumbled. "You have a dislocated plate. It'll be uncomfortable for a while." Callie said as she kissed her wife softly.

"How's Sofia?" She asked. "She's great." A loud voice boomed as they entered the room. "Mark!" Callie exclaimed in relief as she threw her arms around him. "You're okay." She sighed. "I'm good. And our little princess is too." Mark replied. Callie took Sofia from his arms gently and walked over to Arizona, placing her down gently on the bed. "Ma." Sofia babbled as she cuddled into Arizona.

Mark took the opportunity and took his ohone out, snapping a selfie of the happy family. "I love you all." Mark said in relief. "We love you too Sloan." Arizona replied.

The next door down, Owen was sitting vigil in cristinas room. She wasn't responsive, and was very close to being admitted to psych. She was traumatized and scared, and she had every right to be. "Cris, you have to say something or they're going to send you to psych." Owen said lightly. Nothing. She stared blankly in front of her. With a sigh, Owen knew what was next.

Derek was awake and talking to his family. "How's sHe doing?" Carolyn asked as she looked at her resting daughter in law. "Good. Her arm was really hurting last night though." Derek replied as he ran a stressed hand through his hair. "You know what will make her feel better when she wakes up?" Carolyn asked. "What?" Derek asked longingly. If anything would make her feel better, Derek was willing to do it.

"Your daughter." She replied. Derek nodded. "Have you seen her yet?" Carolyn asked. "Yesterday, for a short time. Then Mer woke up." Derek replied. "She's gorgeous Derek." Lizzie said after a short pause. "She really is." He agreed with a proud smile. "So go get your little girl and bring her back. We'll watch Meredith." Carolyn said. Derek nodded, pressing a kiss against Merediths forehead before quickly walking off to find his daughter.

"Da!" Zola squealed when she saw her father walk
Through the daycare doors. "Hi zo!" Derek exclaimed as he pulled his little girl into his arms. Zola immediately rested her head on his chest and cuddled into him. "Ma." Zola babbled. "Want to see mama?" Derek asked. Zo nodded and Derek walked to her room.

Meanwhile, mereditj woke up slowly and opened her eyes to see 5 Shepherd women staring straight at her. "Hi Meredith." Carolyn said softly. "Hi." Meredith mumbled back sleepily. "How are you?" She asked. "Sore n tired." Meredith replied. "Where's Der?" She asked. "He went to go get something. He'll be back soon." Amelia replied. Meredith nodded and her eyes wandered to her battered arm.

She moved her fingers slowly, wincing at the movement. It hurt, but she needed to believe that it still works. "Hey!" Derek exclaimed as he entered the room, the little girl held on his hip. Merediths eyes lit up at the sight of her husband and daughter, which didn't go unnoticed by the Shepherd women. "We'll give you two a moment." Carolyn said as she ushered her girls out.

"Ma!" Zola said happily as she squirmed in dereks arms, wanting to be with her mother. Derek put Zola down in the bed, and she crawled up into Merediths lap. Meredith wrapped her good arm around her and held her close. Zola rested her head on her chest and closed her eyes. "Ma." Zola mumbled as she fell asleep. "Mamas got you." Meredith said softly as she cuddled her daughter and carefully moved over. Derek took this as a cue and slid into the small bed with his family.

"It's all gonna be okay." Derek whispered. "It's gonna be okay." Meredith echoed. "I love you both." He said. "We love you too." Meredith replied.

Hey guys!! So this chapter is more from the other survivors perspectives. I hope you guys enjoyed!'