Chapter 5

Soon after Owen hunt called everyone's families, they all showed up. Carolyn Shepherd showed up with all 4 of her daughters and Addison, who heard about the plane crash and wanted to be there for her Seattle family.

"Their here!" Owen called as he stood at the elevator, waiting for them to come down from the helipad.

The elevator dinged and out came the first patient, most critical according to Martin. "Patient is Meredith Grey, 35, severe trauma to the right arm. Has a fever of 102 and was unconscious when found." The doctor said as Owen took over. Callie ran over to the gurney, getting straight to work although she wanted to see if Mark and Arizona were okay.

The shepherds and Addison watched Merediths lifeless, small body on the gurney zoom by, getting a glance at her battered arm. "That's dereks wife, right?" Nancy asked in shock. Carolyn nodded. "Her arm." Kathleen gasped.

They turned their attention back to the elevators when 2 more gurneys zoomed past, the third being Derek. "Meredith?" Derek asked as he sat up, clearly confused. "Shepherd, lay down. You're okay." Richard said. "Wh-where's Meredith? Her-her arm." Derek stuttered. "Derek." Carolyn said in relief as she and the girls came over to him. "Mom." Derek replied.

"Meredith." He repeated. "She just came by. She's getting help." Carolyn said softly. "Maam, we have to get him looked at. We will keep you informed." Richard said apologetically  as he wheeled Derek away.

The rest of the surgeons arrived and were all taken to trauma rooms. Derek, Mark, Cristina, and Arizona were all stable and awake, but Meredith and Lexie were both barely hanging on.

"We need to get her to surgery right away." Bailey declared as she looked at the lifeless body of Meredith. "I have to try to salvage this arm." Callie said worriedly as they ran out of the room with the gurney and had an OR prepped quickly.

They got Meredith into surgery and under in less than 10 minutes. Callie opened her arm and winced at the broken pieces of bones. "What do you see Torres?" Bailey asked. "I can get these bones back. Get me pins and some metal plates please. Also, page shadow Shepherd. I'm seeing some nerve damage. Her fingers and hand are both broken as well." Callie announced.

Meanwhile during Merediths surgery, Lexie was getting prepped for surgery as well, but with a different ortho attending, Dr Birch, who was just as good as Callie from Seattle Pres. "This is pretty bad, but I think I can help reverse the damage." He said as he examined at Lexus's leg in surgery.

Mark and Derek were placed in the same room together, so the Shepherd women and Addison were in there too. Both men were awake and talking. "Can you go get an update on Mer?" Derek asked. "And Lexie?" Mark added. "We did 10'minures ago boys. They're both still in surgery I'm sure." Carolyn said gently. "So what are the odds you two fall for sisters?" Amelia asked, trying to lighten them up.

"Sheps always followed in my footsteps." Mark boasted with a smile. "Actually, I was with Meredith first." Derek replied. "So Addison, how's Jake and Henry?" Mark asked. "They're both really good." She replied with a smile.

"Do you guys know who ehat man is pacing outside?" Nancy asked. The boys looked over. "That's Lexie's father." Mark said. "So Merediths too?" Kathleen asked. "Technically. He left Meredith when she was 4 and got another family." Derek replied. "What about their mothers?" Carolyn asked. "They both passed away a few years ago." Mark replied.

"Poor girls." Carolyn said as she stood up and went outside to talk to thatcher, who came in the room. "Your Merediths husband, right?" Thatcher asked. Derek nodded. "Nice to meet you again." Derek said. "You too." Thatcher said quickly. "And you are..." thatcher trailed off as he looked at Mark. "Mark Sloan. And it's uh, complicated." He said. Thatcher nodded and took a seat across the room.

An hour and a half later, Callie and Dr Birch, Michael, knocked at the door. The men perked up immediately in bed and looked expectedly. "So Meredith first. Uh, her arm, hand, and all 5 fingers were completely shattered. I fixed it all. There was a good amount of nerve damage that I had Nelson work on. She will need probably a few more surgeries and a lot of PT, but I think she will have full function with time." Callie said with a smile as she squeezed dereks hand quickly.

"And for the other Grey, I repaired her leg as well. She should have full function with some PT as well." Michael said. The boys sighed in relief. "Where are they?" Derek asked. "In the next room over, together." Callie replied. "Can you get me a wheelchair?" He asked. Callie nodded and wheeled one over. Derek got out, as did Mark, who insisted on walking, and they went over to the girls room.

Meredith and Lexie were both intubated as a precaution, Merediths arm heavily casted and surrounded by pillows and Lexie's leg elevated and in a cast. The boys approached their girls. Derek took Merediths hand in his and kissed it lightly. Thatcher entered behind them and sat down, staring at his two daughters and their men.

That night, Derek and Mark were eventually forced to go back to their rooms. There family went to stay a hotel that night, as did thatcher.

All 6 six surgeons made it out alive.

Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Also for Addison coming, I just thought it would be nice to see her back in Seattle. (Def not for Derek or Mark relationship wise). Anyways, 2 updates in one day! Woohoo!!!