Part 8

""""""""""""The next day"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Ino yawned and got up from her bed. It was her day off today from work. She decided to spend some time training her affinity and hopefully make some progress. She's really close to finishing her elemental manipulation. She is working on controlling the flow of water and forming whirlpools.

It was tough in the beginning but with some practice she got the hang of it. Now, she just has to perfect so that it becomes second nature to her.

She did her morning routine, shower, brush her teeth, fix her hair and the rest of the womanly stuff. She went down and saw her mother preparing breakfast. She took a whiff of the smell and smiled.

'Pancakes!' yelled a delighted Ino.

She also saw her father sitting at the table half asleep. She giggled at him. He looked so funny. One hand was on his cheek, supporting his head so that he doesn't fall back asleep. He definitely wasn't a morning person.

She took a seat next to her father and slapped him on the face, playfully of course. That definitely woke Inoichi up. The weird thing is that he wasn't angry at Ino for slapping him. He just yawned and stretched his body and waited for breakfast.

'Hm, it must be something of a habit for them' thought the narrator.

Inora served the breakfast and took a seat herself. They said their prayers and started to enjoy this delicious meal.

Inora, the mother of The Gossip Queen, wanted to find out some details about last night so she pestered her daughter for any juicy details.

Ino knew her mother wouldn't stop so she told her what they did last night and the conversation they had.

Inora smiled, happy to hear that her daughter is in a wonderful relationship with a guy that appreciates for who she is. That's all she wants, for her daughter to be happy no matter who she dates.

Inoichi was thinking the same thing. He may be a little, by little I mean a lot, overprotective at times but he only wants to see his daughter smiling. As long as Naruto does that, then that's fine by him.

Inoichi always taught that Naruto was a great guy. Strong in spirit and in body and a guy with the greatest heart. The village just didn't give him a chance to prove that, to show his true colours.

Yep, he was definitely a good choice.

" I really think we took a big step yesterday. I mean, we found out a lot about each other. We both had doubts about each other and about this relationship. But after our talk I really can't wait to see where life takes us. All I know is, being with him really brightens my day." Smiled Ino finishing her recollection of last night.

"That's lovely, dear. I'm happy for you. Remember, if you need help with anything don't be afraid to ask for some help. Just avoid your father, he can be an idiot sometimes." Smirked Inora. Ino laughed at her mother's teasing.

"HEY. I'll have you know, my friends tell me I'm a great listener and I give good advice." Returned Inoichi who was offended by his wife's statement.

"They say that because they are drunk and don't know what they are saying." Responded Inora with a teasing grin.

Inoichi turned away and pouted. It's always like this. He always gets picked on by his wife and daughter.

Inora smiled at her husband and proceeded to hug him from behind and whispered something in his ear.

Inoichi blushed at her words, definitely liking the sound of that.

Ino caught that blush on her father's face and knew what they were talking about. She blushed a bit and shook her head while sighing.