49

dinner was ready and everyone was gathered around the table waiting on hyunjin and jeongin.

"what the hell is taking them so long?" minho asked getting impatient because the food was getting cold.

"theyre probably having sex" jisung added, felix began laughing.

"you two." minho said in a stern tone. "shut up, you're both still in trouble"

the once laughing boys were dow dead silent, only muttering a quite "yes sir" towards minho.

"i'll go check on them, make sure everything is alright, you know?" chan stood up from his seat and excused himself from the table.

he eventually reached the room that hyunjin and jeongin were occupying. chan raised hes left fist and knocked three gentle knocks on the door. "you guys awake? dinner hasbeen ready for a while. just making sure youre okay."

after a bit of waiting he heard feet shuffling towards the door. it slowly began to open revealing jeongin.

"you guys alright?"

jeongin just laughed a little trying to cover the fact him and hyunjin just had a long talk, simply reminding and reassuring eachother everything was okay. "yeah! we just might have slept to long" he gave a bright smile and he awkwardly rubbed his neck.
"we will be right out, you guys can start eating, no need to wait for us" hyunjin added.

"alright, we'll hurry, okay?" chan then turned around and walked away as if he didn't know they just lied to him.

body language, something chan was always good at ready. he knew these two boys' body language better than he knew his own boyfriends.

they were different from everyone else, but one thing he found so interesting was how hyunjin and jeongin shared body language. it was the same.

but it left him wondering...why were the so
uncomfortable? are they perhaps home sick?

-

hyunjin and jeongin washed their faces to erase any traces of the faint tear stains on their cheeks. they didn't want everyone to think they we being over dramatic.

"are we just being dramatic hyunjin?" jeongin asked sitting on the end of the bed while hyunjin changed into better suited clothes for supper.

"maybe...are we?"

"why is this even a question for us..? why cant everything just be normal for us?" jeongin rested his face in the palms of his hands feeling weak.

"baby.." hyunjin walked to the end on the bed standing in front of the smaller boy. "look at me, baby"

jeongin uncovered his face looking up at his boyfriend.

"i think that maybe one day, just maybe, everything will be normal. but as for now, us being afraid of everything is okay, because right now, this is our normal." hyunjin bent down placing a lingering peck on the youngers lips.

it may seem as if they were being a bit too emotional over something so small as a slam of a door. but in all reality, they were scared. not of the door, but of the future.

today was the first full day they had spent around other people all summer. and just in this first 24 hours, they seemed to have both been brought memories of haewoo back.