Chapter 17: Not Good Enough

TW// past childhood trauma

George POV

Nick's shout made both me and Clay jump. No way that they're here now.. I thought they were coming tomorrow?! Maybe that's why dad asked where we are.. I pushed Clay away as I looked at Nick, we were far from them and I can barely see them but I saw his mom and my dad standing with the other football players.

"Babe..", Clay pins me on the backrest of the chair as his other hand travelled from my neck to my waist.

"Clay, I think our parents are here."

"No they're not..", he fondled his fingers on my stomach whilst leaving kisses on my neck.

"Nick called us, he said they're here."

"What?! Really?", Clay stops and looks at me with a confused expression on his face.

"Yeah, didn't you hear?"

"No, I was distracted."

"Let's go?"

Clay nods and stands up. He grabs my hand and pulls me up the seat.

"Hey, we can't hold hands.", I quietly uttered.

"Oh- Yeah, I forgot.", he looks disappointed..

The both of us walked to Nick and our parents.

"Hey dad, hey uhh- Clay's Mom.", I greeted them.

"Mr. Davidson, mom. Nice to see both of you.", Clay greets them as well.

"Why are you guys together?", Nick asks with a confused tone in his voice. Why is he so nosy? Oh no..

"Didn't the two boys tell you? We're dating!", my dad smiles. "They're going to be brothers."

Clay and I looked at eachother, we were both visibly nervous. Clay scratched his head. I looked over to Nick and he was shocked, especially that he knew that the both of us are dating too.

"Wait, what?!! No..", Nick yelled.

"Yeah..", Clay answered.

"This HAS to be a joke.", he laughs.
"Right? It's a joke right?"

The four of us were silent.

"No? It's not?"

"It's not, why?", Claire asked.

"Uhm.. George? Clay? I thought-", Nick whispers.

"Uhm- Yes! Uh- Do you guys want to sit down??", I interrupted him. This is so awkward, I can't believe they got here when we were literally kissing.. And now Nick knows about this, mess.

"Thanks, son.", dad says whilst the both of them sat down.

"What made you come here? I thought you're going tomorrow?", I asked as me and Clay also sat down.

"I don't think we're going to make it tomorrow because of work. As much as we want to take a day off, we can't. So if we're going tomorrow, we might be very late.", dad explained.

"Oh, well alright. Text me- us when you're coming tomorrow."

"Yes, of course. We just wanted to stop by!", Claire exclaims while she rests her head on my dad's shoulder.

"I wanna puke.", Clay whispers to me while smiling nervously.

"Me too..", I murmured quietly.

"Oh well, that's nice. Clay, you wanna maybe practice one more so your mom can watch?", I add.

"Yeah, No problem but wanna talk to Nick first?", Clay uttered. I nodded.

The both of us walked to Nick, we saw him still not believing what he just heard. I pulled Nick to a private place, Clay followed.