Chapter 11: Closer

George POV

"W-What did you say?", I stuttered.

"Let's eat dinner and lay on my bed together.", he said as he took his shirt off. He wore a red apron on. Does he have to do that? Oh my God, this is gonna be distracting.

"Oh, yeah uh- sure. That's fine I guess. We're friends..", what kind of friends do that?

"Hmm, yeah sure.", I sat on the kitchen counter as I watched him cook steak. So he's a cook too? He makes a cup of coffee and hands it to me.

"Oh, wow. Thanks.", I sipped the warm coffee and it was perfect. Is it just because he's the one who made it that's why I think it tastes good or is he just an expert at this?

"Why are you so good at making coffee?", I said as i swung my feet and wrapped my cold hands around the hot cup of coffee.

"Alright, I'll tell you.", Clay uttered as he puts seasoning on the steak.

"When I was like 14, I used to work as a barista. I earned good money, people tipped me alot and they even gave me their numbers."

"You were fourteen? Okay, pretty boy.", I giggled.

"I did that for 2 years, then after that I tried to cook for a restaurant."

"Wait what? At sixteen?"

"Yeah, and my coworkers are impressed. Customers usually hit on me and tip me too, I was a chef and a waiter."

"Pretty privilege."

"Says you.", I chuckled.

"Shut up. Anyways, go on."

"And then one time when I served food, this woman asked who the chef was. I said I am. Then she was surprised cause I was young. She asked me if I can cook for her, like literally live in her house and be her chef."

"Let me guess, it was life changing?"

"Definitely, it was more than life changing. She adopted me, legally."

"Wait, what?!", Clay giggled.

"I knew you'd react like that. She's the one I was calling mom."

"If you don't mind me asking.."

"They both died in a car crash, I was the only person who survived. I was 7, I was lucky I knew how to dial 911 but they didn't make it. Ever since that day, I lived in an orphanage. Then one day I thought to myself, I'm not going anywhere if I just sit here and do nothing."

Wow, I don't deserve him. He's so hardworking, and here I am being a lazy ass.

"Oh, I'm sorry..", I said as I placed my empty cup beside me.

"It's fine. It's quite hard sometimes but, It's alright", he sighed. "I was 17 when my mom adopted me, she was the who started paying for my school too."

"Wait, where did you live before?"

"In my expensive car."

"Your car still looks so good."

"Yeah, I take good care of it.", Clay smiles at me.

He takes two plates and puts it on the counter. He places the steak and pours sauce on it. It looks, delicious. He grabs both plates and puts it on the dining table. Clay then gets 2 fancy glasses and fills them half way with, wine? He lights a candle and places it on the center of the table. Clay takes off his apron and walks closer to me.

He moves my legs open and wraps his arms around me. Should I? I fondled my right hand on his cheeks and rested my other one at the back of his neck. We both stared at eachother's eyes. With no hesitation, I kiss him on the lips.