Chapter 8: "Sunday Date?"

George POV

"That you-", Clay stops and starts laughing.

"What did I say?", I grunted as I prevented myself from smiling.

"You said you're sorry that you didn't kiss me back when I was watching a movie.", he breathes. "-and you called me a pretty boy.", Clay laughs and hugs his stomach. Oh God, not again.

"Did I really..?", I murmured.

"Yes!", he chuckles.

"Ugh.", I stomped towards my room, with a small smile on my face.

"You sure you don't need my help?", I turned around with a frown on my face.

"What do I need your help for?", I crossed my arms as I grunted in an irritated manner.

"Putting clothes on.", Clay smirks, he pokes his tongue on his left cheek as he opens his mouth.

"I hate you.", I turn around.

"We both know you don't.", he seriously uttered.

"Bye, Clay.", I sighed and went in my room to change.

-

I wore a comfortable red sweater and pants, nothing much. I was still thinking about what Clay said, "Putting clothes on.". I mean, I know he's joking but it just really made me flustered and I know I blushed, I just know it. Why must I embarrass myself every fucking time?

I left my room to see him sitting on the couch while on his phone. He was wearing another one of those tight shirts, but it was gray. As I was walking towards him, he stands up and hugs me.

"The sweater is comfortable.", he whispers.

"Uhh- yeah, now it isn't. Get off of me.", I grunted acting like I didn't like it. Am I proud of what I did? Absolutely not. The hug was actually comfortable, I would stay in it forever.

"Wow, rude tiger.", Clay chuckles.
"Alright, let's go.", he adds.

I followed him to his car. I hate horror stuff, so on our way to the parking lot I was shaking and incredibly scared.

"Ugh, I hate this Clay.", I said in an irritated manner.

"Don't worry, I'm here.", he murmurs as he pats my head.

We arrived at his car, we went in and he starts to drive. His car smells like him, soft fragrant, vibrant, zesty smell, just like his cologne.

"Where is this horror house?", I asked.

"Well, it's gonna be a 30 minute ride.", Clay responds.

"30 MINUTES?! Are you saying that I'm gonna be stuck in a car with you for 30 minutes?!", I did a face palm.

"Come on, it's not that bad.", he states.

"Yeah, okay. Not that bad.", I said sarcastically as I mocked him. We both laugh and after a few seconds, the silence was just so loud.

I turned the radio on to avoid awkward moments.

🎶But she wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts, she's Cheer Captain, and I'm on the bleachers.

Well that was a bad time to turn it on. I was about to switch the radio station but Clay stops me.

"Hey, hey. What are you doing?", Clay grabs my hand and places it on my lap.
"Don't, it's a good song.", he adds as he puts his hand back on the steering wheel.

"Yeah, it is but I don't like it.", I murmured.

"Why?", he asks.

Probably because I actually relate to this song deep inside if I wasn't playing hard to get. I know I'm never going to get you, Clay. I don't wear skirts, I'm a guy, and I don't have a fucking pussy. I'm not even a girl so why would you like me? I'm out of your league.