Chapter XI: Promises

✧

         I woke in the early morning, purple-tinged light streaming through the bedroom's large window. From the chilled air brushing my face, I should've been cold, but I wasn't. I was shocked when I first woke up, thinking I was dreaming. But that shock quickly turned into happiness. Blue was laying in my arms, his head leaning against my chest. 

         I knew he was warming up to me, I knew that fact very well. But still, I didn't know where we stood. I'd have to bring it up with him once things were settled. And well, once I gained enough courage. 

        Turning around as slowly as I could, I reached onto the bedside table and grabbed my phone. When I successfully acquired it I turned back and cradled Blue in my arms once again, his body getting acquainted rather quickly.

        I had two texts, both from Luciano. 

        Luciano: He's dead.

        Luciano: The house is ready for Blue and Milo's arrival. I fed Vito and let him out.

        I read them over quickly before replying. I gave him a simple thanks and moved the phone back to the bedside table. Smiling, I sunk back into the covers with Blue. He deserved to sleep longer, and frankly, I did too. It only took for the silence and the warmth of Blue's body for me to fall asleep once again. Though, I didn't sleep for long.

        "I need to get Milo ready." Blue's tired mumble woke me from my sleep.

        I could feel his body pull away from mine, allowing for the cold air to reach my skin. I groaned lowly and opened my eyes. Blue was stumbling around with his eyes only partly open. 

        "Be careful, please. I don't want you to die because you tripped and hit your head. Not a very good way to go out." I jested and moved to the side of the bed, placing my feet on the floor.

        Blue grunted tiredly and exited the room. When he was out of sight I smiled to myself, a genuine smile. This is what I wanted for so long, waking up next to him. It seemed like he was always running away from me, but now, things were different.

        When I was done getting dressed and getting my things packed, I exited out to the living room. Blue was standing in the kitchen, leaned over a steaming pot. Wrapping my arms around his waist I dropped my head into the crook of his neck. From this view, I could see what he was cooking, eggs with vegetables and oatmeal. 

       "You didn't say good morning to me yet." I whispered lowly.

       He shivered at the feeling of my breath against his skin. I would be lying if I said the action didn't satisfy me. 

       "Good morning." Blue's voice was as low as mine, the sound getting slightly drowned out by the food cooking in front of us.

       "I can finish the food, go get Milo ready." I said and brought my head back to look at him.