Chapter IX: Sick

✧

          "It's too late." Pietro dragged out his words, a gritty laugh escaping his lips. A sickly smile overtook his face, his teeth covered in dark blood. 

          I punched him again, a sickly crack emitting through the room as my large rings made contact with his cheekbone. He slumped in the chair he was bound to. Pietro laughed again, even though he knew this was only the start. My hand was itching to grab the gun from my waistband. But he didn't deserve to die so soon. Luciano read my thoughts and handed me a silver serrated knife. I had grabbed his brown hair in my hands and was raising the knife to his face when my phone rang.

          I paused. My phone was always on do not disturb while I worked, with the exception of three people. My mother, my father, and Blue.

          Blue.

          I felt panic build in my body, negative thoughts filling my brain. If anyone got to Blue and Milo I don't even know what I'd do. I let my hand drop from his hair and brought the phone to my ear, answering without hesitation.

          "Santiago." 

          My heart stopped immediately when I heard his voice break. I could tell that he was crying.

          "What's wrong." I was already moving, handing the knife to Luciano. He didn't argue or ask any questions, he simply took my place in from of Pietro. 

          "It's Milo. He isn't waking up, his body is hot. I don't know what to do. I'm so fucking stupid, I can't afford an ambulance." Blue's voice was shaking, and he sounded like he would start hyperventilating any second. 

          "I'll be there as soon as I can. Everything will be okay." I said as softly as I could. I grabbed my car keys and put the phone on mute.

          "Do whatever the fuck you want with him. Make him suffer." I ordered, my eyes trained on Pietro's, his smile wavered.

          "Fuck you! They're going to kill your whole family. Every single person you love-" He was cut off when Luciano jammed the knife into his thigh, blood erupting from the wound. Pietro let out a guttural scream. 

          I smiled at the sound and exited the room. I knew Luciano would make him suffer, just as I would've. Going as fast as I could, I reached my car within a minute and sped to Blue's apartment. The speed limit was the least of my worries. 

          When I made it to the apartment building's elevator I could feel my anxiety building. I tapped my foot impatiently as I listened to the sound of the elevator rise. I burst out of it and went straight to Milo's room. Blue was kneeling next to Milo's bed. Milo's face was flushed red and his eyes were shut. His lips were severely chapped.

          "Come on." I spoke and picked Milo up from the bed. Blue nodded, his face stained with tears. His brown eyes were glassy, threatening to spill more.