Chapter 40

Welcome to Chapter 40 - well here we are after a mixed emotion ride we have finally reached the ending of this crossover - thank you everyone who has read, voted and commented on this crossover  - I hope you enjoy this final chapter, I have made it extra long to celebrate the end!!

Lydia POV

This can't actually be happening right now, he has survived worse then this just to die now. Maybe it's like before when he had blown up it just takes some time for his body to heal but how long. As Sheriff bends over and scoops his Son gently into his arms, Scott lends me a hand and we all gradually make our way out of the station.

As we step outside I notice the gathered groups grow silent at the sight of Stiles's limp body in his Dad's arm. We make our way over to the medical tent as Dr Geyer was waving us in his direction with a sad look present on his face.

"Here Noah, lie him here. Damn it Stiles, I told you to be careful." Dr Geyer advises as he starts checking for any signs of life coming from Stiles before he starts doing CPR.

"Doc, there is no point. He is already gone, if he is going to come back it will be by his own power alone." Scott advises placing a hand on top of Dr Geyer stopping him as I grab a cloth and start gently wiping away the blood from his face.

I hear footsteps quickly running towards us as I look up to see Rafael, Chris and Teresa heading in our direction, Chris quickly wraps his arms around Melissa as Rafael heads directly to Scott while Teresa be lines for Thomas who shuffles in place.

"Don't you dare think about doing again, you here me! Next time you are going to do something so reckless, you take me with you." Teresa advises scolding Thomas like a naughty child before wrapping him tightly in a hug, the relief evident in her face as she does so.

"I am so happy that you are all ...." Chris starts to say as he release Melissa but quickly stops as he spots Stiles's body lying on the bed.

"Stiles? What happened to him? Is he okay?" Rafael states sounding really worried, it was really nice seeing this side of him more then his grumpy side.

"He sacrificed his life to save his Dad's life and to destroy the other Stiles. I'm sorry but he is dead and this time I don't think there is no amazing revival." Parrish advises his eyes glowing in orange as tears run down his face as he explains.

"He's fine, he's going to be okay. He just used a lot of power so needs time. He's going to be fine." I state loudly but I didn't know if I was trying to convince myself or them more. No Lydia, you can't give up on him just yet.

"Lydia, I'm sorry but I don't think he will this time. He told me this is what he was given his abilities for and now it's time for him to rest." Thomas states coming to sit next to me placing a hand on my arm.

As I turn to look at him, I can tell by the look on his face that this was the truth. Oh god, this is actually happening! He's gone.

"No... no he can't be gone. Oh god no, please tell me it isn't right. Stiles!! Please come back to me." I scream as the reality hits me, as my eyes blur with tears I feel Thomas's arms wrap tightly around me.

As I cling onto Thomas, I see out of the corner of my Melissa and Dr Geyer grabbing a white sheet and place it over Stiles's body and face. I finally manage to compose myself enough to head outside of the medical tent needing sometime alone to come to terms with what has happened.

I sit down on the bench, I notice Chris and Parrish leaving the tent also and head towards the gathered group of Deputies who had been waiting patiently for news. I can tell right away by the reactions that they had just informed them about Stiles, as I watch I feel someone sit down next to me on the bench and I look to see the Sheriff has sat next to me.