"Where is he?" Hikaru grit out, seeing the man who looked strangely like himself turn towards him. 

"Ah. You want to know where the Copy-Cat Nin went, hm?"

Uzumaki Daichi stood in front of him, every bit a seal master, every single atom of his cell a manipulative bastard. 

Hikaru let anger bleed into his veins. 

No more would he be twisted around, and no more would his words not be his own.

He would fight, and then this would be his last chance. After this, he refused to lift up his blade. 

___

A soft breath.

Hikaru couldn't...

His fingers reached out, trembling as he stared at the silver in front of him. Daichi's chuckle rang around him, and more seals flared on the ground, further stilling him. 

He looked up at the sky, violet and purple swirling around him, his breaths rasping in his throat. Kakashi was next to him, panting from their quick spar. 

A shared glance. 

Blood spilled onto the ground, and he knew. 

There would be a single chance, or there would be nothing left of him. Daichi had been too prepared-- his sword was halfway across the room, and Kakashi was right there. And, kami, if Kakashi died because of him he would give up, and they all knew this. 

So he reached, although it felt like gravity would implode upon him. 

Kakashi.

Their sleeves barely brushed as Hikaru leaned against the gnarled tree, his breath short, his face slightly red from breaking down. Still, Kakashi offered nothing but silent support and safety. 

He was so... tired. Like he could sleep forever with Kakashi around.

It had been so long since this much desperation curdled inside of him, but kami damnit, he refused to cry. He refused to do anything but silently protest.

His other arm was missing.

And while it would heal, and while he would heal, Kakashi was all that mattered at the moment. He would grab him and then get the hell out of here, because that was all that really mattered. It was everything important to him, and he just wanted to make sure that Kakashi was okay. 

He knew the nin was awake-- his eyes had long opened, but the other couldn't move due to the paralysis seal remaining on his forehead. 

He dragged himself forwards, panting, every muscle in his body fighting against him. A frusterated whimper-- a pathetic sound, really-- slipped from his lips. 

Silence. Hikaru cast a glance upwards from where he was working on the seal, hearing the jonin across from him giggle at something in his perverted book. There was a small blush on his cheeks, and he found himself smiling unnoticably. 

Kami, the other was so cute. 

He stilled at the thought. No. No, Kakashi was just his best friend. That was it and that was all.

Kakashi's eye locked with his. 

"It's okay to give up." Madara mocked him. "It's okay to give in."

"Don't listen to him, Naruto!" Sakura snapped, green eyes wide with fury.

Naruto stood and stared, his eyes being forced to look into that Sharingan, drawn in by the familiar, terrifying crimson gaze. The scar along his cheek was fresh.