28

Song recommendation: Hug by SEVENTEEN

(Hello, so there's a note in the end that I would love for you to read because it's related to the story and the idea of the second book. Thank you <3)

Time passed and it was finally summer vacation. Everyone was chilling at Jisoo's house eating some ice cream in the warm weather after a long swim. Mingyu was eating a mango ice cream stick. Wonwoo was eating a vanilla ice cream scoop. Seungkwan was eating his favorite flavor, chocolate ice cream with nuts and vanilla inside. The older ones were eating strawberry flavor as they watched the little ones stain everything with their ice creams and chatted together.

"You two will be seniors next year, wow" Jeonghan noted as he looked at Jihoon and Soonyoung "yeah, we can't believe it either" Soonyoung deadpanned making everyone in the back yard laugh loudly, except for Jihoon who just chuckled and got up to wash the little one's hands since they were already finished with their ice creams.

Noticing something different about Seungkwan, Jisoo called the four year old and looked at his back of his hand. It was all red and swollen. He examined the rest of his body to look for more redness, then looking up at his face, only to be greeted with the sight of Seungkwan's adorable chubby cheeks all red as sweat dripped from his forehead. The four year old wasn't able to breathe properly and the older was panicking. A red and swollen body, inability to breathe properly, this was possibly an allergic reaction, but to what? Seungkwan didn't eat anything weird today..

He took another glance at Seungkwan and he looked like he was about to faint so he picked him up and ran to Seokmin. "Seokmin. Get the car. We're going to the hospital, now!" Seokmin immediately ran to the room and got the car keys. As Jisoo rocked the now, crying Seungkwan back and forth "sh baby. We're going to go now" Jisoo turned to the worried Jeonghan and nodded towards the other kids. The older took the hint and smiled reassuringly with a nod. "C'mon let's go" Seokmin said as he ran towards the door trying to put his shoes on.

Almost fifteen minutes later, the three arrived at the hospital and Seungkwan was only getting worse. Jisoo was trying his best to keep the little boy's eyes open as he held back his tears. As soon as the car was parked, Jisoo and Seokmin flung the doors open and ran inside the building.

"Excuse me, my son is having a possible allergic reaction and he's almost unconscious, please help us" the nurse nodded and went to a doctor telling about the patient. Not even a minute later, Seungkwan sitting on Jisoo's lap as he was getting examined in the hallway with a doctor, two nurses, and Seokmin standing next to them. "He seems to be getting a very strong allergic reaction. We need to take a blood test to know what is causing the allergy and then we'll work from there" the couple only nodded and followed behind the nurse.

Tests were done and results were out.

N U T S, C H O C O L A T E

Two words were highlighted in neon yellow on the results paper of Seungkwan's tests. "What?" Jisoo asked in confusion. He looked at the doctor "I think there's a mistake. He's been eating both those things ever since he was a baby. Nothing ever happened, how is that possible?" the doctor sighed and started explaining how things change in the child's body as they grow, he also explained how these allergies would just fade away with time or get worse. "We'll have to give him some Ventolin because it seems that he's having a hard breathing. If he doesn't get better in an hour, he will have to stay here for the night for a full check up when things are settled" The doctor signed the nurse to do something, she nodded taking Seungkwan to a room and placed an oxygen mask on the four year old.

Seokmin and Jisoo could only watch as the nurse connected the multiple wires to Seungkwan's small chubby body. It was a heartbreaking sight to see and they were both devastated. Not once did they think something like this would suddenly happen to Seungkwan. Never.