Chapter 8 Wink (rewritten)

Start from the beginning

I headed down to the living room. Colt was sitting on the sofa in front of the TV, watching football.

"Where's everybody?" I lifted an eyebrow, gazing around the empty living room.

"Um... Theo is in the kitchen, Antonio is in his office with Diego and Collin, Noah is in his room," he answered with his gaze glued to the TV screen.

Hm...so everyone was here? Didn't they have jobs to do or something? I mean, they were the most successful mob in Italy.

"So... what're you doing?" I smiled at him. His gaze followed my movements as I sat down next to him on the couch. He stared at me like I was an alien.

"What?" I looked at him, frowning, then glanced at myself. There was nothing on me, why was he looking at me like that?

"Um... I just forgot how hot you are." He smirked. I rolled my eyes with a smile.

Charming as ever.

"Ha. Ha. You're so funny."

"No, seriously. Knock, knock." He winked at me with excitement.

"What?" I stared at him bemusedly.

"Wrong answer. Knock, knock." He smirked; I gave him a look that said, 'seriously'?

"Who's there?" I sighed, making myself comfortable on the couch.

"When, where?" he continued, excited.

"When, where, who?" This was not how you played the knock, knock game.

"Tonight, my room, you and me." He smirked proudly, making me laugh.

"That was good, but I have better pickup lines," I chuckled, gazing away from him, looking at the TV.

"Nah, I don't think so. But sure, try. Hit me." He challenged.

"Game on." I smirked, this was going to be easy, I had heard so many pickup lines from working with pervs.

"A relationship should be 50/50." I began.

"What do you mean?" he gazed at me, bemused.

"I steal your last name, and you make me scream you first." I winked, smirking.

"Damn, that was good, although I've better, listen." I nodded, waiting for him to speak.

"On Black Friday clothes are 50% off but at my house they are 100% off." He smirked, trying to stay in character and not to laugh. I chuckled, nodding. That was a good one, but I had learned from the best.

"If you're gonna break my heart, you better break my back while you're at it." I bit my lower lip, stopping myself from laughing at his expression. He breathed out a damn then chuckled.

"I'm not into watching sunset, but I'd love to see you go down." He smiled, looking down at himself. I threw a pillow at his face as I laughed.

"My turn. I'm an Oreo now fill me up with your white cream," I laughed so hard at his shocked face.

"Damn, I've to level up my game. I'm a roller coaster, the faster I go, the louder you scream." He lifted his eyebrows up and down.

"What did you say your name was? I just want to make sure I'm screaming the right name tonight." I winked.

"Damn girl. I heard you like football, I like Ronaldo, but we can get Messi." That was a good one.

"If my right leg is Christmas and my left is New year, would you like to come between the holidays," I beamed, amused and a bit proud that remembered that one.

"Fine, that was good, I will give you that. Are you a computer? Because you turned my software into a hardware." He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"I've butterflies in my stomach, but I rather want you in there." I smirked, attempting to keep my poker face.

"Are you a haunted house because I scream when I'm inside you," he beamed, suddenly we heard a loud laugh from our right, there was Theo leaning against the wall.

"Seriously, do you guys have nothing better to do. Besides, if you play who has the best pickup lines, I want to join. Are you Alice because I wanna explore your wonder land." Theo grinned, walking over to us.

"That one was good, I've to remember that one," Colt mumbled to himself while I laughed at both of them.

"You guys are weird." I wrinkled my nose and smiled, they both chuckled.

"You were the one who wanted a pickup lines battle." Colt gazed at me with amusement in his eyes. I rolled my eyes at him. Theo made his way to the couch and sat down beside me and grinned.

After some time watching football, we heard voices speaking in Italian from the second floor. Noah, Collin, and Antonio came down the stairs with scowls on their faces.

"What's going on?" Colt questioned, staring at Antonio, while I gazed at everyone but Antonio.

He hadn't spoken to me since the first time I came here when we ate. Nor apologized for hitting me when I didn't lie, I didn't expect him to do that either. I didn't like him—no, wrong—I hated him.

"Nothing. We're going to go to a club tonight," Antonio answered coldly, avoiding looking at me.

So, did that mean I wasn't going to join them? Ooo, that was nice, then I would not have to dress up and just chill here and watch movies. At that thought, my mouth curved to a smile.

"You're coming with us, too." Antonio's gaze landed on me and... my smile dropped.

Shit, could he read my mind or something?

"What are we going to do there?" Theo raised an eyebrow.

"Search for Joseph. Since his friend owns it, he could be there and would make sense since the club isn't well known at all," he answered, walking away to the kitchen.

I didn't want to go to a club in a slutty dress and wear make-up. I wanted to stay here. But on the other hand, this could be fun, I could get drunk and forget everything. I could flirt with people that I actually wanted to... and maybe annoy the shit out of Antonio.

They could do the job and I could have a nice time.

Now, that's a plan.

________________________________________________________________
Thanks for reading another chapter of Life Is A Living Hell
Please comment, share and vote!
See you in the next chapter;)