"You're not better than me and you never will be. He'll come back to me, he just needs time to realize how special I am."

They all walked away and I sat there crying next to the toilet.

First Hunter and now Laura. She had every opportunity to tell Jess the truth and she didn't. My friends know the truth but Jessica would never listen to them, if it's not Hunter or Laura telling her then my life is going to be hell.

I blew my nose and fixed my wet hair into a ponytail. I went over to the sink and splashed water onto my face and tried to get the taste of toilet water out of my mouth. One thing I am grateful for is that there wasn't anything in the toilet. My phone buzzed in my back pocket.

Laura: I'm so sorry! We NEED to find someone soon, meet me at the bleachers after school.

I'm so sick of the word sorry. "I'm sorry I dragged you into this." "I'm sorry I didn't help you." "I'm sorry he left us." Nobody is really sorry. If someone were sorry they'd do something to fix the problem which none of them has done.

I walked out of the bathroom and went to my locker. I grabbed the books I needed and waited for first period to end. The bell rang and I walked to English and tried to not think of this whole situation.

I walked into the lunch room and walked to the table where my friends were. Lacey and Kolby were laughing at something Luke had said and Erika was nowhere in sight. I sat next to Luke "You look like shit." Luke said laughing

"Well you smell like shit"

He put his hand over his heart "That was so rude of you I think I might cry" he started to fake cry and a smile crept onto my face.

"You're an idiot" I say shaking my head.

Erika walked up to the table and dropped a tray of food in front of me. "Kolby told me what kind of food you like" She said smiling

I looked down at pepperoni pizza, cheese fries and a bottle of water. "Thank you, you didn't have to d-"

"I wanted to don't worry about it"

I smiled and started eating my fries while everyone else talked and made jokes. I wanted to tell them so bad what Jess and her goons had done to me but it wouldn't of changed anything. I had to handle this on my own and hope for the best.

Luke and I walked to History together making small talk about the fair that was taking place downtown next weekend. Before the 'Summer' end our city always has a fair. Since he's new here he was asking what kind of foods, games and rides they have. I took my seat in the back and he took his right next to me.

"Are you okay Chachi? You kind of look a mess." He said placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm good just really tired." I said shrugging. He nodded his head and thankfully let it go.

Halfway through class I heard my name being whispered and then an elbow bump my side. I looked to my left and saw Noah was sitting next to me. I frowned at him and gave a questioning look.

"Are you busy next weekend?" He whispered with a grin. Noah has a crew cut, his black hair stuck out in different directions on the top of his head. His beard was growing out needing a major shave. His dark brown eyes looked into mine waiting for an answer that I couldn't come up with.

"Uh I do- I don't think so." I pushed a strand of hair that fell out of my ponytail behind my ear.

"I was thinking maybe we could go to the fair together if you aren't already going with someone." Was he asking me out on a date? The Noah who never cared of my existence?

"Sure" I said before I could even think about it. Maybe it was the fact that no one ever asked me out before that made me so eager to say yes. Technically it's not a date, it's just something to do and get me out of my house on the weekend.

"Great. I'll pick you up at 7, here's my number." He handed me a piece of paper and I stuck it inside my back pocket. "Friday?" I nodded my head "Cool" the bell rang ending out conversation.

The rest of the day went by in a blur, I was at my locker getting my things when I felt hands on my shoulders. I was spun around and in front of me was a worried looking Hunter.

"Why didn't you tell me Jess hurt you?" He looked upset and concerned making me question him.

"I don't have to tell you anything, it's not like you care anyways." I slammed my locker door and walked out the school doors.

"Chachi! Wait!" Hunter called after me only making me walk faster to the bleachers. I felt his hands grab my wrists making me flinch. "I'm not gonna hurt you Chach, come here." He backed me up against the bleachers with his grip loosening.

"I want you to tell her." I said looking at his confused face. He stood there for a few seconds as if he were looking for his answer. "I need you to tell her. Please." It looked like sadness had filled his eyes and within a second it was gone.

"I can't do that shortcake. I'm sorry."

I scoffed "I am so sick of that freakin word," I pushed him off of me and he stumbled backwards surprised. "You're not sorry, no one is ever sorry! You don't care about anyone but yourself, stay the hell away from me."

Before he could respond a voice interrupted him "Sorry to interrupt this dramatic moment," Laura said "But we really need to talk." I nodded my head and pushed past Hunter. I followed her up to the very back of the bleachers.

"Look about earlier-"

"Don't. I don't even care I'm over it already." I said interrupting her. Of course I wasn't really over it but if I heard those words one more time I was going to scream. "What's so important that we couldn't text?"

"Here's the thing," Laura looked over at the football field never making eye contact with me. "I won't be here for long..my dad is in the army and has been here for his training. That's why we moved here in the first place. Now that his times up here he's getting transferred to Alaska, meaning we're going to be moving soon"

I sat there not sure what to say. I never knew her dad was in the Army but it does make sense, I had never seen her except last school year when her and Jess had become friends. If it wasn't for Jess I would have never known who Laura was, or maybe I would have. Maybe if they never became friends she would of been a sweet friendly girl that I would become friends with.

"She hasn't always been the nicest to me but she is my friend. It was wrong of me to lie to her like that.. So I think I should come out and tell the truth." She never took her eyes off the football field, like she was too afraid to show me how she felt.

"You can't just tell her you lied to her. She trusts you and Kayla and she looks at you like sisters. You'd be breaking her heart all over again." Laura looked over at me and I saw tears in her eyes and she had a small sad smile. She was right about Jessica never treating her that well but her and Kayla are the closest friendship she's ever had.

"I know, that's why I have to tell her." She sniffled and let out a little laugh "I feel so dramatic but it's the right thing to do. I have to tell her the truth no matter how much it hurts her."

I nodded my head agreeing with her. For once someone was actually thinking and using their brain. It made me happy to see that she was ready to tell Jess the truth. It made me happy knowing she would stop bullying me and know I didn't kiss her boyfriend. What didn't make me happy is that it's not Hunter. He's not the one who came up with this idea and he's not the one telling her.

"I think this is going to be an interesting year for you Chachi." She said looking out at the football field again.

"What do you mean?"

She smiled and shook her head "You'll find out soon enough. Make smart decisions for yourself, the right decisions." I nodded and we sat there in silence watching the boys practice football.