25

I woke up from my alarm that seemed way too loud at the moment, and let out a long groan. Last night I came up with the great idea to go for a run in the morning.

Before I go to sleep I'm always so motivated to do things. It just seems like I'm always way more motivated in the evenings for some reason. But when my alarm goes off the next morning, I forget all of that and just want to go back to sleep.

Despite not having the motivation at all, I dragged myself out of bed. I grabbed my phone to turn off the alarm and checked if I had missed anything. I replied to a few texts my mom had sent me about some work related stuff and checked my other texts.

I got up, feeling the cold breeze hit my bare legs, and quickly grabbed my running clothes that I had laid out last night so I didn't have to pick it out right now. I got dressed quickly and made a picture of myself in the mirror and sent it to Jay.

Last night he laughed at me because he was so sure that I would just snooze my alarm and stay in bed but here I was, 6 AM, about to go for a run.

"What did you say again?"

I said after I had sent the picture. I put my phone down and tied my hair in a ponytail so it wouldn't get in the way.

I was about to walk downstairs when I got a text.

Jay: "I'm so proud of you Livvie ;)"

I smiled and rolled my eyes at his comment. My dad used to call me Livvie when I was younger. I once told Jay about that and now he sometimes used it too. It made me happy when he did because it reminds me of my dad.

"What are you still doing awake?"

It was 1 AM in New York right now and it was a normal work day for him.

Jay: "Hmmm what could be a reason that I'm still awake around 1 AM?"

"Who is the lucky girl this time?"

Jay: "Anna"

"Doesn't ring a bell"

Jay: "you've met her"

"Jay I've met hundreds of girls you brought home"

Jay: "are you slut shaming me"

"Yes you're a slut Jay"

Jay: "I can hear the sarcasm all the way in New York."

"Good"

Jay: "are you running yet? Or did you just take that picture and went right into bed afterwards?"

I tried to not laugh out loud at his remark. I miss having these conversations with Jay in real life. I still can't get used to not waking up with him in the same house as me.

We've been away from each other before, but it was never like this. Most of the time it was work or vacation related and that would only last a few weeks at most. Right now we both didn't know how long this would last. It was scaring me to be honest.

"I was about to go but you're distracting me"

Jay: "I'm sorry I can't help being this amazing"

"Pff keep on dreaming boy"

Jay: "I will but first s*x"

"Too much information thank you very much"

Jay: "since you ain't getting none I thought I'd give you some more details so you can enjoy it with me"

"Thanks but no thanks"