22

POV Harry

Streets dark. No person in sight. The only light that prevents my vision going completely black is the moon that was high on the sky and the street lamps that were passing by.

I let her down. I have let her down and she isn't here to do anything nor stand her ground.

I felt my chest going tight and my breathing became heavier. It felt like all oxygen slipping out of my lungs and the only thing left for me would've been choking to death on deprived oxygen in my system.

My life would end here because of karma and I would be fine with it.

I turned towards the first thing on my left and smashed my hand into it, not caring whatever the hard object was that was about to crush my hand. I swung my arm with all the power I had in me and let it hit the object.

I let out a low groan when I see that it was a tree. A tree that wasn't helping anything about the oxygen content that was in my lungs even though that was supposed to be it's purpose. Provide oxygen.

I pulled my hand out of the, now bashed, tree and looked at it. The thick wooden skin of the tree was broken and splintered. The cracks in the tree were perfectly aligned with my fist as I felt the couple of wooden splinters digging it's way deep into my skin.

That was the least of the pain I felt

"For fuck sakes!" I screamed out in the open, feeling the need to scream everyone awake at this time. I smashed my hand over and over again in the same tree as I came to a point that I didn't even feel it anymore.

"You weren't supposed to fucking leave me!" I felt my arm getting sore while I screamed it out and smash my hand one last time into the tree. "You fucking promised."  I whispered feeling something wet stream down my face. My other hand went up to my cheek and rubbed it away, feeling the tear that was going down my face.

"Shut the fuck up!" I heard somewhere out of a house in the distance. I didn't have to look around to scream and answer back. "Go to sleep you cunt!"

With that I let my forehead fall against the tree where my hand was completely still in the crushed wood.

The trees that are supposed to give us our oxygen to live our life to the fullest so we are able to explore everything in the world and complete our dreams as a human being, also let us exhale the same oxygen that turns into carbon monoxide which if we have a too much of that at the same time, we die.

Or the fictional stories we heard as a child about being alive, 'it is the best time you will have!', is not what it turned out to be, and we end the life we're living ourselves. I know Tara did.

There are so many expectations you have to keep up to that it's all starting to get blurry the more you grow and the older you get. You can't keep up with the society and you can't keep up with the expectations that other people have put onto you when you were younger.

There is such a fine line between living and being alive.

My feet had let me away from the abused tree while my tear ducts kept releasing so much water that I couldn't stop the tears from slipping down my face, drowning out the skin that was underneath it.

My mind kept getting louder and louder with thoughts as I tried to push them away. Filtering all the flashbacks which I tried so hard to keep locked away in my mind. I tried to lock the flashback and memories in the vault in my brain, hoping I would forget the password to unlock it, in the hope I wouldn't be able to relive those moments.

Suddenly, I heard a loud noise coming from behind me. I recognized the immense loudness immediately as the yellow with green ambulance speeds beside me.