0.2 Chapter 5 - Silence

Start from the beginning

Well, technically he had, but never like this. Never alone.

The ghost felt a hand on his shoulder. He glanced to his side.

The other ghost, an familiar one, tilted her head slightly. The first spirit hummed, his voice puzzled.

"Not worth it," she said, her voice broken. He understood. She'd been killed under the hands of Dream.

"Despite myself being hurt, I can't bare to watch him die," the first ghost said wistfully.

She shook her head. "He will be fine. Your body will fade."

The ghost tilted his head thoughtfully. That was true. He could manage while he was gone.

2am

The young ghost signalled for him to follow. "I an idea for our escape. Come, S╎ꖎᒷリᓵᒷ↸."

He nodded, following her out of the bedroom with one more uncertain glance at the survivor, who was crouched by his body, his shoulders shaking with sobs.

They floated through and out of the house. He didn't dare look at their former friends body. Then again...

"Shouldn't he be here?" The ghost asked his companion, signalling to the body.

She simply shrugged. "Someone else was here a little bit ago," she hummed. "He led him away."

The ghost tilted his head. "He can see spirits?"

"Yeah, he worked with Dream," the other ghost said. "His souls connected to the spiritual world."
He didn't respond. His friend held out her  hand. "Follow, I know where he is. We can summon him forth for help."

He accepted, shaking her hand. The world around them flashed once, twice, and suddenly they were at an entirely new location. He felt as if he'd been dropped from a great height.

A familiar man was facing a deactivated animatronic, her eyes blue as the sunlit sky. He recognized him as the guy who'd led him to that hell of a house.

"Hey," his ghost friend said. He paused on his work, glancing behind him.

"You? I thought y-" he cut himself off, staring at the male ghost. He felt astonished to be seen in this state. "Who's this?"

"This is S╎ꖎᒷリᓵᒷ↸," she said. She held out her hands. "We need your help."

The man glanced back at the animatronic, fiddling with one of the strings on his white hoodie. He looked a bit uncertain, lost in thought.

"Of course. Yes. I'll help," he nodded after a moment. The ghost felt great relief, but also felt nervous. Why should he accept help from the guy who'd gotten him into this situation in the first place? "What do you need?"

3am

"We're trapped," she explained sadly with a glance at the fading ghost. "He's stuck in a time-loop. His friend is trapped as well."

"I will get you two out," he promised, rubbing his eyes. The ghost only then noticed he looked exhausted. As if he hadn't slept in days.

She suddenly gasped. "What about Dream? Won't he continue haunting you?"

The man chuckled. "I wouldn't put it as haunting me, I'd say more annoying me. Also, I've trapped him."

She let out a small sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry but T∷╎ᓵꖌᒷ↸, are we sure about this?" He gave the man an accusing glance. "Didn't you trap me in that house anyway?"