Either way, her plan was working.

"Speaking of your wedding, what you gonna do about it?" David asked.

I looked at Addy, she was looking at me.

I groaned and facepalmed myself. "I don't know. I just couldn't think of anything else."

I heard her sigh. "So are we going to jaut say here or go somewhere to delegate your birthday?"

Before I could reply, the door opened. We all turned to look.

Mom and Dad appeared, arguing. It was obvious Dad was losing this one.

No one could make my mom give in. She gets whatever she wants. Even dad always lose fights with mom. Every time.

Addy and David left soon after greeting my parents and told me to call them later.

Mom went to kitchen to make something for us. I was hungry since Addy ate all of my food.

"Are you done shopping Alex?" Dad asked as he sat on chair with a newspaper in his hand beside me.

"Uh.. shopping for what?"

He looked up from newspaper "Your mom didn't tell you yet?"

I shrugged and he shook his head.

He folded the paper and looked at me. "You and Ashley are moving to Paris"

Uh...what?

"What are you talking about Dad?" I asked confusedly.

Mom came with food. He didn't say anything while mom was serving. She sat down and we started to eat.

"What were you talking about?" Mom asked as she took a bite.

"Paris" Dad replied.

Maybe they are sponsoring a tour for me. This was exciting.

She looked at him and he shrugged. She sighed and put down her spoon.

She sighed and looked at me "Well it was your birthday surprise. You wil be going to Paris after your marriage"

My smile dropped. I looked at both of them, confusedly.

"Uhh.. I don't get it." I chuckled nervously "Why would I go there?" I placed my spoon on plate.

"Because Ashley will live in Paris considering she'll be taking over the company there. And you have to be there for her." Mom said

I raised an eyebrow at her "Wait for a moment, I have to be there for her..What about me? Who will be there for me?" I huffed and crossed my arms.

"Do you even realize how important this wedding is? All you care is who will be there for you." She scoffed "Are you really that selfish Alexandra?" She asked, rhetorically I guess.

Ouch. That sure hurts.

I gulped down the knot that was in my throat and looked at dad for help. He shook his head in disappointed in me

I didn't want to cry in front of them. I didn't really asked for anything from them except their attention which I never got. But I never expected this.

Me thinking about myself was selfish, what a joke. I chuckled in disbelief and finished my food.

I couldn't go Paris. Things were moving way too fast. I never had so much change in my whole life..

First marriage, then me falling in love, getting heartbroken, and now Paris...

I even had to fulfill the promise I made to Ashley. I had to cancel this wedding at any cost or maybe ruin it.

"You said it was my birthday surprise, but I didn't like it." I tried to retort.

"And young lady, I didn't like your little affair with your teacher. Go to your room!" He shouted.

Octavia. I really miss her. I wonder how she was doing.

"You guys are unbelievable" I stood up and turned around. "You didn't even wished me my birthday" I said quietly enough for them to hear and walked to my room.

I couldn't believe my parents. Who does that to their kids?

They were in love and I thought they really understood the importance of love.

I was in love with both of them but Ashley isn't. And I couldn't really forgive Octavia cause I knew she would go back to that dick again and again.

I layed down in bed, staring up at the ceiling with my hand on my head.

There was only one option left.

I stood up, grabbed my phone and called Addy.

She picked up in few rings.

"Hey, I need to talk to you guys. Come to my house and bring David with you"