4. Not So Stylish Tomato

~.::.~

 A young man stormed out of the room, leaving his father and another man, Kwangsoo behind. The boy's father leaned on the arm of his chair and pinched the bridge of his nose. He had just forbidden his son to leave the house except for school. And even then he would be required to be escorted to and from the main office at the beginning and end of each school day by his newly hired security personnel. The boy didn't take to being caged and watched like a hawk very well. But it was for his own good. Kwangsoo had just been hired as head of security and stood next to his client's desk.

"Joosuk," Kwangsoo addressed the father. "Perhaps there's another approach to your son's safety that could satisfy both of you." He said politely.

"Tell me." Joosuk asked with interest.

~.::.~

YOONGI

My feet dangled four stories above the ground. I sat on top of the school building, overlooking the empty sports field below. Beyond that was the rest of the town outside a fence, as well as the clouds and sun that was still new in the morning sky. Somehow it felt like the only part of the day that was untainted. The only time I feel like I know what contentment felt like. Before it faded away.

It didn't hurt to have sweets prepared either. I dug into the pocket of my school uniform and fished out a packaged custard cake. I stuffed the empty wrapper in my other pocket and took a bite of the spongey cake.

I could imagine the lecture Halmeoni would give me about eating sweets in the morning. Even though grandparents were supposed to spoil their grandkids.

But, no. Being spoiled by grandparents were for kids who actually had parents to be the one's managing discipline. Halmeoni had to be both.

A notification bell rung in my pant pocket. I stuffed the rest of the cake in my mouth before fetching it out. Annoyance pulled at my nerves instantly when I saw the screen. It was a message from Taehyung.

Namjoon wants everyone to meet up 

behind the bleachers ASAP. 

And good morning! I missed you all!

I shook my head. "You just saw us yesterday. Weird kid."

I looked back at the view in front of me with a sigh, knowing that time of contentment was over for the day. On the other hand I couldn't help but feel wary about the fact that Namjoon decided to come to school today. Could it be because of her?

Yesterday...even I wasn't expecting she'd have the guts to stand up to him, much less take a swing. I knew she was the unfiltered type but not the physically reactive type. Was she actually acting out of genuine heroism or was she just stupid? Nowadays, what was the difference? Whatever she was, it was annoying and ruining my day. I hated when he came to school.

What a boring bunch...

I was the last to the meeting, as usual. Jungkook stood silently against the metal poles under the bleachers. His muscular arms looked as though they'd rip the seams of his jacket. Taehyung was in the middle of a story. He was the only one of us who modified his uniform to look more flashy and sleek rather than loose and disheveled.