FORTY - TWO : i did something bad

Alessia's POV

Alessia's POV

•Flashback•

" Shhh... his coming...," I said, holding a finger up to my lips as we listened to footsteps approaching.

I closed the closet door slowly, disappearing from Sofia's line of vision from under the bed. I watched through the slits of the closet door the door opened and someone entered, walking around the room. They made their way over to the attached bathroom, before coming back to the main room.

I sketched my hands to prepare myself, as my heart thumped in my chest.

•Now•

" Now why exactly did you stay in the house? Why not run while they weren't looking? "

My gaze moved across the room until they settled on a muddy pair of eyes that held angrily.

" I stayed to get the proof. Proof that my husband, Dylan Walker is an awful sum bag who gotten away with beating me for years. And I'll be damned if I let him get away with hitting another woman like his hit me. "

•Flashback•

I wound my fist back before swinging out to connect with the person's jaw.

Catching them by surprise they stumbled back onto the bed, before they could move I came out swinging again. Giving a quick one-two, right to left, before giving him an uppercut.

" Now!," I yelled, as I went bend my knee and brought his face down to face pant against it.

Blood spilled down his face as I released my hold and his limp body fell to the ground, I caught a glimpse of Sofia as she dashed out of the room before I quickly followed.

We made it to the stairs before another man jumped in the way, blocking the end of the steps.

" Duck!," I yelled to Sofia, her body falling as I jumped, wrapping my legs around his neck and using my body weight to twist us around and slam him to the ground.

•Now•

" Now why didn't you let Sofia run while you stayed behind to finish getting your proof? Why have her there still? "

I signed " I wanted to keep her safe. I wasn't sure where Dylan had gone off to. And I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if she did run and he found her. I couldn't even imagine what he would have done to her. "