FIFTEEN : tension

Alessia's POV

Alessia's POV

I stood in the women's locker room, my hands on the cold countertop as I stared at my reflection.

Light scars littered my shoulders and stomach. My black sports bra and high-waisted leggings stopping short of being able to cover them.

I wish I didn't have so many...

My fingers reached out to trace the ones over my stomach. I remember when Dylan gave me each of these, the memories flooding my mind as I slowly traced each one. Remembering every hit, every cut, every slice of my flesh.

I squeezed my eyes shut as the memories become too much. My body starts to shake as I feel panic and fear spread across my chest.

take a deep breath... in... out... in... out...

After taking a couple of deep breathes, I feel my body start to relax. Opening my eyes slowly, I avoid my reflection as I grab a baggy t-shirt from my duffel, before grabbing two small elastics and begin to French braid my short hair back to keep it out of my face.

Once finished, I make my way out of the locker room and into the main part of the gym. The smacking sounds echo's around the gym walls as I make my way over to the punching bags to find Hayden.

As I come closer I find him shirtless punching away at one of the bags, his muscles flexing every time he swings. My gaze wonders over his toned back as he continues to deliver another blow.

My eyes continue to soak in his muscular back and arms, as his body slowly turns around to face me. My eyes stayed focused on his body. Not realizing I'd be caught yet until the sound of a throat clearing jerks my eyes up to meet green eyes filled with amusement and mischief, a smirk plastered onto his lips.

shit...

I look down at my feet in embarrassment at the fact I've been caught checking Hayden out openly.

I cough to clear my throat and try to swallow some of my embarrassment as I look anywhere else to avoid his eyes.

" So what are we starting with coach? ," I ask, trying to joke as I silently pray he doesn't say anything about what just happened.

" Well, since I'm guessing you've never boxed or anything before. We're gonna start easy. ," He says, walking towards the ring.

I follow his lead, as we both step into the ring.

" Before we begin, we need to get you in shape. We need to build up your muscle so when you are ready to fight. You can stand your ground. So we're gonna start with jumping rope tonight.," He says, picking up two sets of jump ropes and handing me one.