THIRTEEN : antidote

Alessia's POV

Alessia's POV

I arrived 30 minutes before my shift was suppose to start so I wouldn't be late. I walked in the back break room. Once it hit 3:30PM, Melissa, my new manager came back and handed me a apron along with a hand book. We went over all the duties I would be handle as a waiters and what was expected of me for this role.

After Melissa went over everything and showed me out how to clock in and out, she paired me with a younger girl named Alyssa up front to learn the basic.

" So have you ever been a waitress before?," She asked as we folded towels.

" Actually no, but there is always first time for everything I guess. How long have you worked here? "

She placed a stack of towels on the shelf above us, then grabbed some napkins and started to roll silverware in them.

" Only about 6 months, my parents said I need to start working and getting out there into the big world. ," She said, her face scrunching up into disgust making me laugh.

" Well, they aren't wrong Alyssa. Getting a job while still in high school is good. Most kids don't. "

She turned to face me slightly " Call me Lyssa, and I know. I never said I hated it. I actually quick love my job. "

A bus boy walked around the other side of the table carrying a light blue tote full of dishes. His arm stuck out and knocked into the silverware tube in front of Alyssa. It crashed to the floor as the silverware clanged and scattered all over the floor.

She looked to the boy who wore a shocked expression as he apologized to us, before turning to me.

She frowned before turning to me " Most days I love it, but I guess today isn't one of those days. "

Later towards the end of my shift I see Hayden's Jeep pull into the nearly empty lot. After parking he existed the vehicle. Another silver Honda pulled in beside him. Aiden jumped out from the passenger side as a girl I've never seen got out from the drivers seat.

Her short figure stood at 5'2 compared to the boys who were both 5'9. Her long light brown chestnut hair flowed down her back and over her shoulders, her heart shaped face clear of any makeup as her lashes were dark enough without it making her baby blue eyes shine.

who is she?

She suddenly laughed and touched Hayden's forearm as she leaned her head back while cracking up over something he must of said. Aiden grinned over at her, while Hayden had a small smile on his face as they walked inside.

A strange feeling bubbled in the pit of my stomach as I watched them together.

" Can you seat them somewhere A? I'm gonna start clearing off tables that have been busted. ," Lyssa says as she grabs a clean towel and cleaning spry.