FOURTEEN : let me in

Alessia's POV

Alessia's POV

" Have a good night Alex.", Melissa says as she walks me to the front.

I nod " You have a good night to Melissa. "

It's 8:25PM as I walk out from around the corner I spot Hayden at the table I sat him at earlier with Aiden and Sofia. The other two were long gone, leaving Hayden alone.

His brows were furrowed as he was deep in thought. His brown hair was pushed back as if he had run his hands through it constantly in the last few minutes.

I slowly walked up to his table, not sure If I should say anything or not.

I wonder what he's thinking about...

I stand a few inches away from the table, studying his features as he continues to stare into space.

His sharp jawline was defined in the dimly lit light from the restaurant lights. His eyes focused on the waves that continued to crash down onto the sand below.

I closed my eyes for a brief moment, taking a deep breath and releasing it slowly.

I want every day to be like this... Fear free from him...

My brows furrowed as I opened my eyes, a little voice nagging me as my eyes focused on emerald green ones watching me intently.

... his going to find you some day...

" How was your first shift? ," He asks, his eyes never leaving mine.

" Good. I liked it, I guess. I'm getting trained by a much younger girl, but she's super sweet. You'd like her. "

He nods, before standing " Good."

He starts towards his jeep as I follow his lead. We both get into the jeep, Hay turns to me before starting it up.

" Are you completely sure you want to train? ," He questions as his green eyes bore into mine.

I think for a moment before nodding " Yes."

He chuckles as he shook his head before starting the jeep up and taking off. His fingers tapped against the steering wheel as the radio played quietly.

" Alex, can I ask you something? ," He asks, as we come to a stop at a red light.

I nod " Yeah sure."

" Why do you want to train so bad? "

He glances at me slightly, watching me.

I take a deep breath before looking out the passenger window.

You don't have to open up to Hayden... But I want you to know he's here for you, just as much as I am... If not more...

Aiden's words replay in my head.