After completing the song again, he sighed, once again thinking of 'what if he said no?'. It's not like the guy had never been in a relationship before, had never asked someone to date him. He had, but never like this. Never went so extreme for something others and he too had done in a school hallway by asking a simple question, 'Wanna go on a date?'. What he was doing fell little short of something one would do for a marriage proposal. But that's just how he is. He believes for him to get someone as good as Taehyung, to call someone as incredible as Kim Taehyung his, he has to go to these levels of extremes. And again, he's never liked someone so much before asking them out. 

At 11:10, he started the engine and resumed his drive to Taehyung's house. He knew Taehyung was sad, was probably sulking in Jimin's house thinking how none of his friends did anything for him, thinking how Jungkook didn't do a thing for him. Making his TaeBear wait was the last thing on Jungkook's agenda, he actually felt pained to do it anyway. But, as said, patience is bitter, but the fruit is sweeter. 

|11:40 p.m.|

"Lights?"

"Check."

"Speakers and mic?"

"Check."

"Cake and food?"

"Check."

"Flowers?"

"Check."

"Gifts?"

"Check. Your gift?"

"Check. Confetti?"

"Check."

"Blindfold?"

"Check."

"Nervousness and anxiety?"

"Che- what the fuck Jeon?" Jin scolded.

"Ugh fuck fuck, I'm so fucking nervous. Shit, can someone please fucking text Jimin hyung and ask him if he's on his way? Oh my god, what if I fuck up the song? I don't even know what I'm going to say, what if I fuck it all and everything goes to waste? What if-"

"Calm the fuck down Jungkook. You won't be able to sing a single word with all that tension built up in you. Wanna sweat like a nervous wreck or smile like an angel when he's in front of you?" Yoongi raised his brows. 

"Right, you're right. I'm gonna calm the fuck down and practice like he's right here, okay, got it. Who's texting Jimin hyung?"

"Me." Namjoon responds. 

"Okay, uhm let me practice."

Jungkook grabs the mic, calms his muscles, inhales a deep breath as he lets his voice sing with the perfect pitch and the perfect notes. Three minutes later, he's done, and the four men with him can't help but to stare with wide eyes.

"Goddamn, you sing well, I could listen to that forever." Hoseok encourages him, giving him some confidence.

"Thank you." He smiles. 

"Okay, Jimin replied, it's 11:48, they'll be up in two minutes."

"Okay, are everyone in their positions? Jin Hyung, you have to be out next to the elevator so you can blind fold him."

"Yup." He pops the p as he goes out and waits for Jimin and Taehyung to arrive. 

Jungkook thinks of himself before he had met Taehyung's parents. How so effectively he had calmed his racing mind, pounding heart and shaking hands. He did the same now. He was still nervous, but pretended not to be so, that's the best way to go about it. Think you're confident and you will be. Yoongi is right, he wouldn't be able to sing a damn note if he was going to be nervous and that's the first thing he's going to do, even before he starts speaking. First impressions are always the most important.