Birthday | سالگراہ

Start from the beginning

"It's her special day Zain, let her get ready and do things with a clear mind. If I would have left you there, you would have kept wasting her time like a five-year-old whiny kid. She has to take care of Zahra. Her plate is full already.",

"What special day?", Zohaib interrupted. Zain and Huzaifa stopped and stared at him in disbelief.

"So.....you really don't know what is today?", Huzaifa heaved an audible sigh.

"No",

"Seriously bhai?", Zain asked. If he was angry earlier, this time he looked mad.

"Stop freaking out for God's sake, what's happening in the house? WHERE ARE THEY?", Zohaib looked annoyed now. He could bear the suspense no longer.

"Who?", Zain asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You know who I'm talking about", Zohaib retorted.

"You should know about your wife and daughter by yourself, don't you think so bhai?", Huzaifa grimaced.

"How would I know when nobody told me anything", Zohaib couldn't believe that his brothers who were fighting a few minutes ago were teamed up against him, their own fight is long forgotten. He didn't want to argue with them so he turned around to go away.

"Zain, Huzaifa where are your manners? is this a way to talk to your elder brother", Mom said angrily. "Instead of being an elder one, Zohiab has never treated you both badly ever".

"It's her birthday, Bhai", Zain called out making Zohaib halt in his tracks. He turned around.

"It's Faryal bhabhi's birthday", Zain repeated.

"She didn't tell me", Zohaib said, more like to himself.

"Masjid mein elaan krvana chahye tha usko, Haina? (She was supposed to make an announcement in the mosque, right?)", Huzaifa scoffed to which he got a glare from Mom.

"Huzaifa bhai let me explain to him", Zain said looking at Huzaifa and then he turned his eyes towards Zohaib.

"It's Bhabhi's birthday, yesterday her Baba Jan called dad and said that he wants to celebrate her birthday at Khan villa. Mom and Dad wanted to deny him as they had planned to host the event at Durrani house but knowing the fact bhabhi is his only child and....you know it's a different kind of day for bhabhi and uncle, happy and sad at the same time Mom and Dad couldn't deny him. By the way, she is his daughter we are no one to stop him from doing anything for her. I, Huzaifa Bhai, and Usman Bhai went with her in the morning to manage the things. Preparations are done there and we have to reach Khan villa at 5 o'clock",

"I had no idea", Zohaib said honestly.

"It's okay, we can understand. But now you go and get ready Zohaib...and Zain, Huzaifa don't you dare to speak to him like that ever", Mom said and went away.

"As you didn't know about it, hopefully, you don't have anything to gift her as well. She does so much for us and.....you clearly understand this better than me Bhai. She needs your presence today more than ever.", Huzaifa kept a hand on Zohaib's shoulder. By this time Huzaifa has understood that it wasn't Zohaib's fault as well, he should have informed him earlier. Zohaib and Faryal were getting along but there is still a long way to see them as a normal couple.

"Get ready bhai, we will have to leave soon now because you need to buy a gift for her. We still have an hour left", He added looking at his wristwatch.

"Zain you will accompany others as you are dying to go back there. Me and Zohaib bhai will come together after buying a gift. We might get late. Khush? (happy?)", Huzaifa instructed Zain.