Chapter 18

It was their fault that so many pretend to be someone or something they aren't. Why they lied to themselves and others for self-gratification and acceptance. If society weren't so harsh and cruel, maybe people would be different.

  "I see," Torappu turned their gaze to me with a smile. I read right through it. It wasn't a kind smile; it was that corporate boss smile. One I'd hoped never to have to see. "Anything to say, Ki?"

  "Can you blame me?" I spoke immediately.

  "Pardon?"

  "I wasn't even adventuring to begin with. I was just farming the Plains monsters for experience points. I just so happened to rest in the cave they were trapped in, and their screams echoed out. So,  I did what any normal human being would do; I contemplated if I should help them and decided against my better judgment to do it. I just so happened to save them and complete a quest simultaneously." Torappu's gaze had gone to a confused yet amused one as I continued. "Yeah, I didn't tell them I had no ID, but you can't blame me. It's the government that's to blame. Why should I get arrested for helping some people who were in trouble? Sorry, I need an ID to be a helpful person. Next time, I'll just let the innocent die so I don't risk completing a quest. I wonder what kind of stain that would leave on the guild and the people who call themselves adventurers, especially since it was members of your Guild who lured them there." Silence filled the room, and all gazes were cast on me. My skin crawled, but I made no movement to make it obvious.

  "Pfft....Ahahahahaha!" Torappu started laughing. It sounded like an Angel had just whispered into my ear sweet words of comfort. "I did not expect that. That was such a pessimistic response! Blaming the government?" They laughed a little more as the trio stayed quiet. They were still nervous at the sentence that could be cast. "Well, anyway. I was just teasing. I'll give you an ID. I just need you to prick your finger with this and mark the plate with your blood."

  "What is this? A ritual?" I retreated my hand away as they reached for it.

  "No," They chuckled. "It's how we mark your plate. The Mana in your blood seeps into the plate and reveals your stats and identity. It's like looking at your status window."

  "Oh...."

  "More like oh crap!"

  I had no Mana in my blood, so how would it work? And what was going to happen when the plate didn't activate? They'd know I was a human without Mana. 

  Torappu pulled a plate from under their desk and placed it on top. "Here." They smiled.

  "Guess this is the end of the line."  I thought as I unsheathed Rei and put her to my finger, pricking it softly enough to bleed but not deep enough to do any harm. I was trapped. I couldn't leave and not get the ID; it would be too suspicious. But before I could drip my blood onto the plate, Torappu grabbed my hand and stuck my finger in their mouth.

  """GAH!""" I swore I heard two other gasps once again with mine. "Wh-What are y-ooohh!" I trailed off into a small moan.

  "T-They're using their tongue!" I panicked as I felt it moving around my finger while sucking.

  “Mmm.” Torappu moaned in delight as their eyes met mine. They shot up from their chair and climbed atop the desk, their actions growing more vigorous.
“You taste so good!” They moaned, never removing my finger from their mouth and drawing closer to my face. My eyes began to glow as I lost myself to the sensation.

  “S-stahhh!” I moaned as I attempted to pull away, but they grabbed my wrist firmly. It was like trying to pull down an unmovable brick wall. My feet skidded in place as I tried pulling away.