46

When they came back from the celebration, it was already 4 am

When they came back from the celebration, it was already 4 am. Since Taehyung had a lot of alcohol, Jennie was the one who drove.

He seemed to be in a good mood. When he entered the bedroom, he continuously shouted, "Wifey, My Jen Jen." After repeating it a few times, he started to kiss her and they successfully completed the intimate act she had refused the night before.

When everything was over, Taehyung fell asleep. Even though Jennie knew the chances of pregnancy were low, she still followed the position she found online that aided pregnancy.

After about half an hour, Taehyung's phone rang, the screen reflecting the name "Bae Irene".

Jennie knew who she was, she was a newly signed artist under Big Hit Entertainment and had once acted alongside Taehyung in a movie. Even though she didn't have much lines, it was a memorable role.

Jennie also knew that she had a thing for Taehyung, always trying to get close to him.

It wasn't that she was confident that he won't waver but rather she was confident he won't betray her.

Hence, she lowered the volume before dismissing the call.

She seemed to have been influenced by Taehyung's drowsiness, so she decided to take a short nap. By the time she woke up, it was 6 pm but Taehyung remained fast asleep. Jennie headed to the kitchen to prepare dinner. At that moment, she received a call.

It was a call from Taehyung's mother, Jennie's mother-in-law.

When the phone started ringing, she was kneeling by the trash bin peeling onions, so she lifted her head slightly to peer at the screen on the chair by the side. When she saw the name, her heart sank. After a long while, she stood up to pick up the call. "Mom."

"Jennie, are you busy? Why did you take such a long time to pick up?" Taehyung mother's warm voice came through.

"No..." Jennie lowered her eyes before adding simply. "I'm cooking..."

"Where's Taehyung? He isn't helping you?"

"He drank a bit so he's sleeping."

"This child... drinking again? Why is he always like this..." his mother chastised.

"He didn't drink a lot..." Jennie explained hurriedly before diverting the topic. "Mom, why did you call?"

"It's nothing much, just that..." Taehyung mother paused for a while before continuing, "Jennie, you've been married to Taehyung for eight years, are you planning to have kids?"

"Mom..." Jennie didn't know how to continue.

Taehyung's mother knew that the topic was abrupt, chuckling, she added, "Jennie, this phone call isn't to force you to have children now, I just wanted to ask when you are planning to have a child? You and Taehyung aren't young anymore, you're already considered among high risk pregnancy women. In a few years, you won't be able to have kids anymore...