37

Jimin really didn't contact Rosé after leaving that night

He even returned her commercial endorsement project back for Chief Luo to handle.

As usual, he went to work and finished work, had meetings for future cooperation projects, did overtime on his own, ate on his own, slept on his own, and lost sleep on his own. He seemed to be no different from how he used to be, but somehow, he gave people the impression that he was a whole different person. After a few days, everyone slowly realized that no matter who it was, Jimin had the same warm attitude towards everyone. He simply didn't have a bad attitude, nor did he show happiness, anger, or sadness...

In the end, Chief Luo signed Rosé as their spokesperson without any hitches. When he found Jimin to sign and validate the contract, he didn't have much of a reaction. He flipped through it and signed his name in the space next to Rosé's signature with no emotion at all.

After signing the contract, everyone on the endorsement project got together for a conference.

That day, Rosé was also present. She sat opposite Jimin. There was a meter's distance between them. If they looked up, their eyes could meet. Despite that, Jimin never once glanced at her. He rarely spoke, and he had just the one expression on his face. After the conference ended, Chief Luo suggested that everyone should go out for a meal. In a flat tone, Jimin refused, "I have a meeting to attend to later", then picked the documents and went back to his office with his secretary.

That afternoon, he met with a client who had quite demanding terms. Yet Jimin was extremely well-mannered, as he analyzed his project for a whole two hours. Eventually, they couldn't come to an agreement, but he kindly personally sent the client off at the elevators.

Back in the office, he received a call from Jungkook. "Tonight's party is at World Hotel..."

Jungkook hadn't finished when Jimin said, "I'm going."

On the other end, his brother was stunned for a moment. "Why are you suddenly interested in going?"

Jimin turned his head, with the phone to his ear, and stared out at the bright sunshine outside for a long while, before slowly telling Jungkook, "I want to get married."

Like still water, he sounded poised when he said this, without a hint of emotion. On the other hand, when those words fell in Jungkook's ears, he felt like an unexpected, and incomparably violent, thunder had struck.

He paused for about three whole minutes, then asked, "Get married to who? I've tried urging you so many times in the past, but you always avoided the topic. Why are you now suddenly thinking about marriage? Did something happen..."

"Nothing happened." Though Jungkook's tone of voice was as flat and cold as usual, it made Jimin clearly feel worried. He couldn't say why, but he became a little upset. With a deep breath, he composed himself and continued, "I don't know who... but I don't want to continue to live like this on my own."