3

The Park family now was no longer as powerful as before, so Park Ara's birthday party was no longer as grand

It was just a simple dinner with both the Kim and Park families.

Lisa arrived the last. When she reached the house, all the dishes were already served.

When the Park family housekeeper saw her, she immediately shouted into the house, "Mrs. Park, Miss Lisa is here."

Park Ara quickly walked over to the entrance. When she saw Lisa, she had on the same warm smile as before. "Lisa, you're finally here! Everyone has been waiting."

Lisa stared at her for about two seconds before passing her gift over, smiling sweetly. "Auntie, happy birthday."

"You're too kind, even getting me a gift." Park Ara looked pleasantly surprised at the gift. After giving it another look, she passed it to the housekeeper. Turning to Lisa, she led her into the house.

Everyone had gathered and the meal was set.

The housekeeper had even opened two bottles of red wine, pouring everyone a glass.

They chatted as they had their meal, the mood and atmosphere warm and cosy. Lisa didn't say or eat much.

Once the dinner was over, the housekeeper re-entered the dining room with a cake.

After lighting the candles, Jennie began singing a birthday song. Park Ara blew the candles and accepted everyone's greetings before cutting the cake. Just then, Lisa who had been silent all this while spoke up.

"Auntie, do you still have the swallow nests you gave me previously? I have a sudden craving."

Park Ara and the housekeeper froze momentarily.

Lisa kept an innocent smile on her face as she added, "Auntie, where did you get that swallow's nest? They're known to be good for health, but the one's I bought afterwards didn't seem to have the same calming effect as the ones you gave me."

Lisa deliberately emphasized on the word "calming", while her gaze remained focused on Park Ara's face. She could distinctly spot the shock that flitted through her eyes and a hint of anxiousness.

Madam Kim was aware that Park Ara had sent Lisa the swallow's nest. When she heard Lisa asking for food, she said indulgently, "Park Ara, you have spoiled her! She's starting to treat the Park family as her own home, even demanding for food now!"

"My mother loves her for that." Jimin smiled before turning to face his mother. "Right, mum?"

Park Ara's late response attracted everyone's attention. The housekeeper behind her regained her senses instantly, silently nudging Park Ara's elbow. In a low voice, she whispered, "Mrs. Park, don't just eat the cake, little master asked you something. She'll think that you are treating her as an outsider."