𝟭𝟱

𝙞𝙧𝙞𝙨-𝙢𝙖𝙚 𝙢𝙘𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙡𝙚𝙮
We'd been left. Well and truly left.

The two Cal's, Chip and both Ethan and Faith had somehow- no idea when- left us to return to the villa. This leaving just me and Harry out.

And we had no idea how to get back.

"We've fucked it," Harry uttered, head pressed against a wooded table we'd found. The two of us had been passing a takeaway- him absolutely starving from being out for hours already.

Harry had finished his food already, a messy array of sauces spilled in his tray, pushed away from him. Id hardly touched my food, my eyes practically unable to stay open, and the amount id drank making me feel nauseous towards all the food in my tray.

"I don't want this," I all but heaved, pushing it away from me. This made Harry pick his head up, an offended look filling his face. He'd been nothing but insistent on paying for the food, and id assured him I didn't want as much as he did; he obviously didn't listen.

"You're a pain in the ass Iris," He mumbled, pulling the food towards him. "Fuckin' lucky i'll eat it myself."

"I told you I didn't want a lot," I reasoned, eyes closed as I rested my cheeks in my hands. "It's your own fault, always buying it anyway."

"Cause the last time I bought you what you said you wanted, you ate half of mine on top of that," He sassed, chips stuffed into his mouth.

"Whatever."

Harry only flipped me off after that, the two of us sitting in silence as he continued to finish what I couldn't. Until we didn't, Harry looking at me with questions swimming in his eyes.

"I can feel you staring at me," I teased, peeking to see his cheeks red now even in the night's darkness. "What do you want?"

"How come you moved to France?" I opened my mouth to answer, snapping it shut immediately after, not knowing whether I actually wanted to share that information with him or not. "Oh shit, that's a sensitive topic, never mind."

I shrugged, "Cal moved out and I didn't wanna stay at home on my own, I didn't fancy London and so I moved to France instead."

"You lived alone?"

"Practically," I scoffed, "Dad passed away when I was seven, mum was never home."

"Oh," He mumbled, the topic of conversation now obviously making him feel awkward. "Lux never told us that, sorry."

"It's alright," I shrugged again, "I made friends- family, so i'm glad it happened really."

Harry raised a brow, "I mean obviously i'm not glad my dad died, that's never good and it destroyed us all, but i'm thankful for the people i've met because of it, as heartless as that sounds."

He shook his head quickly, "It's not heartless, I know what you mean."

"My mums no good really," I went on to say, "She'd brought a new man home a week later and that's the way it was; if she was ever home, it was with someone new, she started taking certain things and she just became unrecognisable."

"Shit Iris, I had no clue."

"It's not something I tell anyone really, I don't think it particularly matters if you know what I mean?" Harry nodded, "Like yeah, it's rubbish but I don't think people need to know that part of my life."

Harry shrugged, staying silent and I could tell he honestly didn't know what to say to me. Id known Harry for a few months, and I can count one- two- times now that we'd had a genuinely serious conversation.

"So that Bella," He started, eyes meeting mine. "You met her in France?"

I nodded with a smile, "Yeah. She needed a roommate and the rent was super cheap because of how desperate she was."

"She's not from France though is she?"

"No," I shook my head. My fingers had began twirling a strand of hair, almost making me feel calmer about talking to him. "She's from York, she moved to France for Uni and ended up loving it so she stayed."

"Fuck that," He huffed, amusement filled in his tone. "Could not be bothered with Uni."

"I did a course online," I told him. "I like to think it was a lot less stressful than actually going, but Jesus I still had some breakdowns."

"More patience than me," He said. "Wasn't even a thought in my mind to go on to do Uni."

"It's not for everyone," I shrugged.

"What did you do?"

I hummed a laugh, because at the time it had been what I wanted to do, what I wanted to pursue a career in. But now it seemed like a waste of time, being unable to find a job that actually required those skills.

"Computer graphic design."

"I'll give you a job," He said immediately. His hands slapped down against the table, face serious as he looked at me. "I need an editor."

"Is that not weird? Me working for you?"

"Is it balls," Harry answered quickly. "I'm fucking desperate for an editor and you need a job- if you ask me it makes complete sense."

"I couldn't take money from you though," I cringed. "Id feel weird, rude almost. We're friends, it could just be as a favour."

"Nah," He shook his head. "Come on Iris man, we're mates yeah?" I nodded, "So do it for me."

I hummed, a smirk rising on my cheeks when he linked his hands together, bottom lip sticking out.

"Alright," Harry's eyes lit up, the boy standing and pulling me up. "What?"

Harry shushed me, arms wrapping tightly around my neck as he pulled me into a hug. I remained stiff, hands patting his back awkwardly.

"You're an angel."