16. Life With The Originals

Start from the beginning

I had failed to notice before but, Kol wasn't much taller than me. It was his aura that felt like belittling the other person and that deceptive gaze misleading you, making you feel like you were facing a superior creature with tremendous willpower and confidence, surpassing the strength of every living breathing being upon earth all at once.

That's how scary Kol Mikealson sometimes looked like.

He could look like a wicked devil and an innocent angel at the same time.

The crowd was silently staring at the family dancing and among them, I spotted the familiar figure of Marcel, who was now rushing through the crowd, with his eyes never leaving Kol and me, trying to approach us as much as possible. What was he trying to do? Was he...

Was he trying to get close in order to eavesdrop on our conversation?

"Have I already told how magnificent you look tonight, darling?"

Kol's voice worked like magnet and I felt my gaze drawing back to him.

"Stop with the compliments already and tell me what you want."

He cracked an amusing smile, "How feisty. Oh well, it's very simple actually. Just a small favour between two good friends."

"We are not friends. Never were, never will be. I don't want to know you. I hate you for what you did and there's nothing to change that."

Then, as he stretched his arm up and span me slowly around, I was suddenly pulled closer to his chest; a gasp caught up in my throat and an incredible need to gulp. Being this close to him never helped before. It always ended up in a way I had no control of, but it was a scenario that I always looked forward to.

Regardless, I knew he wouldn't try anything funny in front of everyone, not only because we had to pretend we despised each other, but also because we had a very, very dangerous audience.

Somehow that stung my heart, that I was so close to him yet I could not really touch him like I did whenever we were alone. And I could only but wonder how he felt that moment.

And then, he leaned in and I felt losing my step for a moment, but his apparent perfect dancing skills saved me from humiliation.

He had brought his lips right next to my ear and simply breathed out in my hair, sending shivers down the crook of my neck, my back and my entire spine. I sensed him smiling, brushing his lips slightly to my ear as he did so.

"Call us however you like, little witch. I'm just here to take what I want. But you witches just loove taking everything seriously though. Like it's in your blood from the day you are born."

While he was saying all that in a whisper, Kol didn't seem to mind even once that he had caught the attention of Marcel. He had no care of what was happening around us and that got me a bit worried about his limits and where they stopped.

If his carefree attitude even had any limits.

"Now about that favour. I want you to make some werewolf rings for me."

I leaned back slightly to face him, my facade breaking for a moment and showing my confusion. Did he really ask that it was that just his lying?

Suddenly I was incredibly perplexed and it wasn't like I could ask for a proper explanation at that moment.

"What? Why?"

"That's none of your concern. You only need to make these rings."

"How can I possibly do that? I don't know that kind of spell."