Chapter 1

It all started on a rainy day in Bell Gardens, CA. That Should've been the first warning sign because it hardly rains here. Before I start telling you how it all went down, LITERALLY, let me tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Alejandro, but most people call me Alex. I am 26 years old, I'm 6' tall, light brown wavy hair. Before I started my marketing internship I worked at a liquor store in Bell Gardens. That's where I met Mary, She is the most beautiful girl I've ever met, not just physically. She is extremely smart and kind. She has the most beautiful brown eyes and luscious lips. Her hair is long and black and it went perfectly well against her pale skin. We got along pretty well since the first day we met, we actually became best friends.I always had a thing for her, but was too scared to tell her because I didn't want to ruin the friendship we had. What if she didn't like me back? Even worse, what if she saw me like a brother? Disgusting.

Anyway, she has a best friend named Sofia, who i strongly dislike. She's one of those girls that likes to get into  everyone's business. "I heard Charlie and Julie have a thing for each other. I saw them standing a little too close at the park the other day, but you didn't hear it from me," Sofia would say. "Did you guys hear about..." her sentences would start like that about ninety percent of the time. I always felt like she knew I liked Mary and so she tried her best to get her to spend less time with me. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.