Chapter 18

Dancer stood on a rooftop right before the harbor. She was waiting, knowing herself and her emotional distress. A point proved when she revealed the secret to Bruce.

Losing her daughter, she lost her control that's why she contacted him. Her blue eyes welled with tears as she worried over her daughter.

"I'm here" a gruff voice said from behind her. Batman's voice.

"Thank you" she said almost a whisper.

Batman knew that Dancer wasn't emotionally there, but he knew when she saved Bruce Wayne. He didn't want to ask, so he just stood by her side. An internal chuckle, the same events lead them to this life. She chose the path of the light and he chose the shadows.

"What's the plan?" Batman asked. This was her mission he wouldn't take control like he normally did when she showed up. He trusted her experience enough to operate on her terms.

"Go in fast and silent. Don't let them know we are there. Get the girl out first, then take them all out." She said, her voice shook on the word girl.

"Sounds good, let's go" Batman responded and took off towards the warehouse.

Dancer flew right behind him silently, both entering a broken window. Dancer heard voices, she concentrated on them, and she heard 2 voices.

"If you try to escape one more time, I will kill you," a harsh man said.

"You better hope I escape before they get here," a girl's voice said. It was Sariel.

"Who? your mom?" The man said with a scoff.

There was a knowing laugh that came from Sariel. "My family is one you don't want to mess with"

Dancer and batman had gotten to the location of the voices Dancer perched right above waiting for the man to leave. Once he left, Batman dropped down and took out the guards while Dancer went to Sariel.

She hugged her daughter and looked over her. Her blood boiled when she saw a bullet wound in her daughter's shoulder. Batman came over silently and observed Dancer.

"I'm fine," Sariel said, noticing the darkness in her mother's eyes.

"They shot you," Dancer said, her jaw tightened. She was losing control.

Sariel looked at Batman, her eyes asking him to help. Batman had also noticed the emotional distress Dancer was in.

"Lets get her out of here" Batman said to Dancer as he went to pick up Sariel.

Both had misjudged how far gone Dancer was. It was made very aware when Dancer attacked batman.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY DAUGHTER" Dancer screamed as her rage gave her strength.

A very powerful punch sent Batman flying out of the room and alerting everyone to their presence. Batman finally understood. Rossy, Roshia, and dancer were the same person.

Ever since her death, she's been protecting him. The day she became Dancer was the day his life was in danger from the devil. Now he needed to save his friend from herself. Lost to the despair of her daughter being taken from her.