Chapter 2

Beeping, steady beeping, that's what she heard. She knew where she was, the Hospital again. Her chest hurt, her mind clouded by the morphine.

Her blue eyes opened and looked around as her parents stood at the end of the bed, worried faces. That's when she remembered what happened. The alley, the gunman, Bruce. Oh god, Bruce!

"Bruce!" She sat up suddenly, calling out for him. A million questions ran through her head. Did he survive? Was he okay? Were his parents okay?

"Roshia, settle down you'll rupture your stitches." Her mother jumped to her side.

"Bruce? Is he okay? His parents?" She asked, her eyes full of worry.

"Hunny, that was 2 months ago. Bruce hasn't left his house, his parents died." Her father said sadly.

"No...." She whispered, her eyes filling with tears.

"We can't get the bullet out, you aren't healing again," her mother said, not healing or slowed healing is an effect of her disease.

"It's okay, mom," she said. She was already basically dead anyway, it's why she didn't hesitate to take that bullet.

***

3 months later

A brilliant scientist had developed what he believed to be a cure to Roshia's condition. As her injuries continued to stay unhealed, the bullet traveled closer to her heart. The doctors couldn't wait for this brilliant cure, and neither could her parents.

If nothing was done, Roshia would die, if they did the operation she could die. Everyone decided that could was a better gamble than would. Roshia was put under and rushed to the operating room. The bullet had to be removed.

The doctors worked carefully as the heart monitor beeped steadily. But as they got closer to the bullet, that's when everything went wrong. When her blood loss was too much and she flatlined, the doctors tried everything to bring her back to life to no avail.

With sorrow, the surgeon left the room to tell Roshia's parents that their little girl was dead.