Chapter 8

Roshia spent her 13th birthday with the Kents, she felt like she had a family for this one day. She let herself be a child and even played a few bored games with them. The next day she was set to leave, so when the day came they all gave her food and clothes for the road.

"I'll miss you Roshia, you helped me so much" Clark said. He gave her a strong but gentle hug before she left.

"I'll miss you too, but Clark. If you ever decide to put on a mask, come find me, I'll teach you the ropes of saving a life" Roshia said with a smirk before getting into the car as Emily drove away.

"Ezon is gone again, but I picked him up again, he's in Colorado." Emily said to Roshia.

"Let's get going, we stalled for long enough" Roshia said. She was going to miss the Kent's, but she had a job to do.

***

4 months later

After months Emily and Roshia found Ezon in Midtown, Colorado. They stood in a stand off Roshia had acquired a bow during the search. She aimed an arrow at Ezon's chest. Emily had a simple gun, also aimed at Ezon's chest.

Ezon smirked at the two "finally found me? Well, let's see what you have learned" he launched himself at Roshia, punching her in the face.

Her jaw broke, but because of her celestial mode it healed immediately. As long as she didn't get mad she could take any injuries. She back flipped away and fired an arrow at his chest. Just like that the fight was on, both unable to take permanent damage they went like that until a green man showed up and separated them from fighting.

Ezon took the opportunity to run with a laugh as Roshia was restrained by the man. Emily ran after Ezon upon Roshia's order and Roshia tried to escape the man.

"Stop fighting me, I can't Have you two destroying the city in an all out fight." The man said in a soothing voice

"He will destroy the city anyways!" Roshia yelled as she broke free and got ready to fight him.

"You're only 13...." He said when he got a good look at her.

"Age means nothing compared to the duty of a celestial," she said, trying hard not to get angry.

Emily came back with a disappointed look. "He got away Rossy"

"Dammit! It's going to be weeks before we can use the spell again!" Roshia was angry now and the green man could tell.

"Please calm down, you're too young to have this much responsibility." He said to her

"I'm a celestial! I was given this responsibility when i was 9 you don't get to tell me what to do! Why do you aliens have to be so different from each other!" She yelled, throwing off her mask as her hair turned black again turning off her celestial mode.

"You have met others like me?" The man asked.

"A kryptonian, thanks to Emily I know about all the races that are on earth. Almost missed you Martian" Roshia said calming down.

"J'onn J'onzz, thats my name Roshia, sorry i peeked into your mind" he said to her

She sighed "it's all good, we are on the same team, just been chasing the devil for over a year now."

"I understand, emotions can be overwhelming i am sorry for holding you up" he said calmly

Roshia smiled "know any good hotel's i need a few days of rest"

J'onn showed her where to get a motel room and she thanked him. They would have to continue their search at a later time, if they could find him again.