Chapter 5

Roshia was getting dressed in her Halloween costume, she had been hired to be an Anonymous ballerina at a huge Halloween party. She stepped out into the front room and a golden mask rested on her face, a golden dress that had a bottom act like a tutu. White tights and white ballet shoes with white opera length gloves to contrast and complement the gold.

"You look like a Celestial Rossy" Emily said with a smile.

"Now for the hair" Roshia said as she manifested her wings like Emily taught her. The golden translucent wing appeared and her hair turned blond. Celestial mode was in full effect.

Emily gasped at how stunning and angelic Roshia looked like this. Roshia put her wings away, but her celestial mode stayed active. She was ready for the party.

"Let's go, our audience awaits, Emily" Roshia said, leaving the apartment.

***

Bruce Wayne didn't want to go to the party, but Alfred insisted, said he should at least be seen in public for the holidays. Alfred also said there would be a Talented Ballerina, and Bruce had developed a love of Ballet since Rossy died. It was a small part of her for him to hold on to.

So he stood in the corner of the room, just barely mingling, only with who he had to when she came in. The entire room went silent when the 10-year-old girl came in in the golden dress. Each step silent and elegant. This was the Ballerina.

Roshia felt strange as everyone watched her. Then she saw him. Bruce Wayne in the corner watching her and her worries melted away as the music stopped playing and the host got on the stage.

"Our ballerina has arrived, and honestly much younger than I thought, but talent comes in all shapes and sizes!" He said as the crowd continued to stare at her. "Stunning, isn't she? Dear, would you mind showing us if your dancing is as stunning as you?" He turned on some classical music.

Roshia smiled and her body moved on its own to the beat of the music, elegant and fluid movements. She didn't make a single mistake. The crowd watched, stunned at her movements, until a loud explosion from the far wall shook the room.

As always, Roshia's first instinct was to see if Bruce was okay. She ran to his side. He took the brunt of the explosion and was injured. She picked him up and saw a red-skinned man standing where the wall once was. She picked up Bruce and backed away from the man she used her Powers to heal her Friend, glaring at the man.and getting a good look at him.

He had a purple mohawk, trench coat and a business suit. Eyes pitch black, he smiled at Roshia.

"I heard there was a celestial in town, didn't realize she was 10" he sneered at her, she suddenly realized what he was.

"Devil, how dare you come here" she said, angry he hurt Bruce.

By this time Alfred was at her side looking as she knelt over Bruce, healing him.

"How?" Alfred asked Roshia with confusion as Bruce's wounds vanished.

"Fight me celestial or I'll kill everyone, not even you can bring back the dead" the demon sneered at her. Normally she would ignore this, but he hurt Bruce.

She stood up "get the boy out of here" she instructed Alfred as she manifested her wings.

Without hesitation she sprang forward and punched him in the face, sending him out of the building as she followed suit. Her physical strength was increased slightly by her rage, but hurt her healing powers, she needed to find a weapon to give herself the advantage. For now, rage would have to be enough as she pummeled the Devil into the concrete.

"Someone is angry" the devil taunted as he punched her with a force stronger than she could muster.

Roshia flew into a nearby traffic light and was in pain, her injuries would heal when her rage passed. The devil stood above her with a smirk.

"I think you need more training, little Roshia, I'll come back when you are more fun to play with." He turned to walk away

"H-how do you know my name?" she asked weekly.

"I've been watching you, but I suppose it is fair you learn mine, Ezon, and your my new plaything" the devil then left seemingly bored.

Emily found Roshia and took her home to heal. The newspapers were having a field day with the events. Headline read "Masqued Dancer and Red Devil do a Dangerous Tango" and they were labeled, a hero and a villain. There was no going back from this, Roshia needed to be ready, she needed to be stronger to protect Bruce and the city he loved.