Chapter 11

Roshia held her daughter. They had finally arrived home, Emily went inside to prepare the house while Roshia looked towards Wayne Manor. Through all the friends she made and people she met, Roshia felt herself missing Bruce even more. He was still out of Gotham, but Roshia didn't have to worry much. She was going to limit her masked activity to raise her daughter.

"The house is ready, Rossy," Emily said, holding the door open.

Roshia entered the house and smiled. "It's good to be back home after all these years."

***

6 years later

Sariel sat in front of the tv, Roshia had been gone for a few months chasing a demon. The news had another report of the new vigilante in Gotham. Some man who dressed like a bat, he has only been active for a month.

"Batman better watch out. When mommy gets back, she will take back her city," Sariel said proudly, Roshia never kept any secrets from her daughter and Emily trained Sariel in the basics of Celestial knowledge.

"Maybe she will work with him instead, little one," Emily said with a smile. Sariel was a joy to have in the house.

Sariel looked at the clock, and her eyes widened. "EMILY! WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE FOR THE TRICK OR TREATING!"

Emily laughed, Sariel always loved Halloween. It was the one night a year she pretended to be a hero like her mother. Emily quickly helped Sariel get dressed into her angel costume.

Sariel never felt sad when her mother never made it to occasions like this. She knew her mother was saving the world, and that was enough for Sariel. Emily and Sariel left the house to trick or treat, Emily stayed by the side of her 6-year-old charge the entire time.

The night got later and Sariel had lots of candy when Emily began to walk with Sariel back home. That's when trouble showed. Several thugs surrounded Sariel and Emily with knives and guns.

"What's a pretty mother like you doing out alone this late?" A thug asked, putting his knife on Emily's throat.

"You better back off! My mommy will kick your butt if you touch me!" Sariel yelled bravely.

"She doesn't look so tough," the same thug said.

"I'm just the Nanny," Emily said. She was ready to fight if she needed to.

A black figure dropped down. Within moments all thugs were down and a man in a bat costume stood before them.

Emily smirked "took you a good 7 seconds too long to get involved."

The man looked at her "you knew I was there?" He sounded surprised.

"Of course I knew, I Trained Dancer, you do realize it's her city, right?" Emily asked.

"It's the Batman! Mommy is going to be so excited to hear about this!" Sariel said happily.

Batman didn't respond and took off, but he thought about how that woman didn't fear him, and how the little girl wasn't even phased by the violence she saw.

Later that night, Roshia came home. She flew in silently and saw her daughter sleeping on the couch with Emily sitting next to her.

"Any trouble tonight?" Roshia whispered to Emily, careful not to wake Sariel.

"Got cornered, the new guy Batman took them down." Emily responded back.

""I've heard of him a bit, he's doing excellent work, I might introduce myself" Roshia said sitting on the couch.

"One more thing, Bruce Wayne has been back in town for 3 months, it's Sunday tomorrow, should I expect your usual visit?" Emily asked curiously.

"Yes, I'll be seeing him tomorrow, same place as always," Roshia smiled before carrying her daughter to bed. Tomorrow was going to be something shes been waiting years for.