Namjoon shook his head and sighed.

Greed is such a dangerous enemy. 

Haechan didn't know how he got there but Yang Yang or Jaemin might've carried him up all the way. Most likely Yang Yang though. 

The three of them were high up and deep in the mountain away from the palace and the capital. Jaemin plopped down tiredly and took off his boots, letting out a sigh of relief. Yang Yang handed out a water bottle to Haechan. 

He looked up at Yang Yang with a lifeless gaze. Yang Yang sighed. 

"It's all over now." He said. 

Haechan stared into the distance aimlessly. His heart hurt so much with how the only two bonds he had were broken off. Kun and Jungwoo. 

What hurt more was how he had pushed away his friends. Renjun looked so disgusted at him and Jeno's last smile made it even worse. 

Now, he was alone. 

"Hey, stop sulking." Jaemin said in a harsh tone. But there was a hint of softness. 

"At least we're free now." He added, gazing into the distance.

Yang Yang nodded. He knelt down in front of Haechan, cupping his face. The two stared at each other for a while. Yang Yang leant in, pressing his lips onto Haechan's forehead. 

Haechan squeezed his eyes shut and cried. Yang Yang didn't pull away, instead enclosed him into a secure hug. Haechan hugged him back, grip tighter than ever. Jaemin glanced at the two and let out a sigh. 

They were alone but free. 

Youngjae glanced at Renjun who was riding the cart beside him. He looked pretty much out of it. 

"Hey, you want some?" Youngjae offered his candies, "It's not mine. Haknyeon brought it actually." He added.

Renjun looked at the candies and shrugged. He popped in a yellow one and savored it. 

"It's nice." He said.

"Hmm." 

".........."

"Don't worry too much. They'll be fine, you know." Youngjae said.

"I know Doyoung hyung, Taeil and Jeno will be in a better place. Much better than this place, anyways."

"Not them." 

Renjun frowned in confusion and quirked his brow at Youngjae. 

"Then, who are you referring to?"

"Haechan, Yang Yang and Jaemin." 

Renjun's face turned red and he huffed out, crossing his arms. 

"Why the hell would I be worried about them? They should be rotting for all I care." 

"Whatever you say." Youngjae smiled gingerly at Renjun making the latter feel queasy.

Truth be told, he was worried. Blame his soft heart for being weak for his ex-friends. They were kids just like him. They just got steered into the wrong path by adults who didn't know better. 

He was even more worried about Haechan. He was the only gumiho left. He had no more bonds. 

Haechan.... would truly be alone. 

Hyungseo and Juyeon carried Sunwoo by his arms and laid him down his bed carefully. Hyunjae helped him lean back and fluffed up the pillow. Sunwoo emitted small groans with every movement.