36) Future Plans

Follow Vote Comment
(warning: cuteness overload)

Dixie stirred in her sleep and Noah lightly pet her hair through closed eyes, causing her to exhale calmly and sink deeper into Noah's chest.

They were laying in Dixie's bed cuddling after a long Friday packed with classes and tough soccer practice. They had about an hour until they had to get ready for their double date with Blake and Amelie, but neither of them wanted to get up from their peaceful nap.

Noah readjusted and rolled Dixie to lay next to him, but he held her tighter to make sure she wouldn't be thrown off and roll right off the bed. "Baby?" She slowly opened her eyes and smiled, "Yes?"

"You wanna take a bath?" Dixie beamed, "I love that idea!" "Ok, but we've got to get up now otherwise we won't have time." Dixie slowly stretched awake and yawned. Noah got off the bed, "I'll set it up!"

He went into the bathroom and looked through all the cupboards, he pulled out some soaps and salts, and he found a few candles. It had been a long week for both of them, and he wanted to put in the extra effort to end it on a high note.

He set up the candles around the bath and began running the warm water. He added all of the special products in and called Dixie to come look.

She stepped into the bathroom and her heart melted. She ran up to Noah and planted a tender kiss on his cheek. "I love you!" Noah kissed her soft lips and whispered, "I love you more."

They slowly began undressing each other and stepped into the bath. Dixie sat between his legs and drew pictures on him with the bubbles and Noah gave her delicate kisses on her neck and collarbone.

They spent the next 20 minutes in the bath, only interrupting the silences to share endearing words to one another, before going back again to comfortable silences. They soaked in the feeling of being near each other not having to worry about a thing.

Once they got out of the bath they put on their outfits and got ready for their double date. Dixie wore a floral dress with small heels and light makeup. Noah wore jeans with a plaid button-up shirt and a hoodie over it, which he only wore because he knew Dixie was going to get cold.

They met Blake and Amelie at a fancy restaurant and greeted them with warm hugs. This was only Dixie's second time meeting Amelie, but during their first interaction, she could tell she was a very sweet girl with big life aspirations which Dixie greatly admired.

They sat down at the table and Noah and Blake immediately began talking about soccer, so Dixie turned to Amelie and they made their own side conversation.

Amelie told Dixie all about her goals of spreading political information and using her voice to stick up for human rights. Dixie listened intently and asked many questions, furthering the conversation.

The conversation flowed easily and Dixie was really happy that the two of them got along so well because she was dating Noah's best friend.

Eventually, the two conversations merged together and they all began conversing and laughing together. Blake and Dixie got along great, so did Noah and Amelie. They all enjoyed their dinner and decided to go for a walk and continue talking for a little while more.

They walked down the streets, each couple holding hands. Just as Noah suspected, Dixie got cold after only a few minutes of walking, so he gave her his sweatshirt and Blake did the same with Amelie.

"So how long have you guys been dating?" Amelie blushed, "About 4 months." Dixie shimmied her shoulders and teased them, "Have you said the L word yet?"