5) Can I Kiss You?

TW: Sexual Assult and Anxiety/Panic Attacks

Noah's heart sinks into his stomach. His voice begins to shake and, though he tries hard to hide it, she can hear the anger rising in his voice. "What?" Dixie looks away from him.

"He came up to me and asked me to go with him somewhere. And when I said no he got pushy." Her eyes begin to water and she starts to tremble. "He touched my cheek and grabbed my waist. When I called you he stopped..."

Noah was fuming. His face turned red and his expression hardened. He had considered griffin one of his closest friends, and he was infuriated with himself to be so close to Dixie and yet still unable to protect her. He had invited Griffin, he was the reason this was happening. He was angry at himself, that he hadn't been there for Dixie to prevent this.

He grabbed Dixie and squeezed her gently to calm her down. Dixie could feel the anger in Noah's tense body as she hugged him back. "Thank you" "I told yo-" "for helping me calm down. A lot of people wouldn't have known what to do, but you did exactly what I needed. I ran away cause I was embarrassed, but I didn't feel embarrassed when you came. I felt safe. You make me feel really safe. So...Thank you for being you." Dixie looked up at him and he looked into her eyes. He beamed at the sight of her smile. "Of course." Dixie buried her face in his chest and hugged him tightly.

After a few moments, they stood up and turned to one another. Noah wiped her tears away with his thumb. he smiled at her, "You look beautiful." Dixie's face began to glow, and a smile crept onto her face, "Thank you." They walked back to the beach and Dixie walked over to Charli and Addison. Noah watched as they interacted. They seemed to notice she had been crying, but she assured them she was alright and they hugged.

Noah turned around and takes a step forward, headed for Blake and Mads, when he sees Griffin. He looks straight into his eyes. He feels himself losing all control. He charges towards him and pushes him to the ground. He shouts as loud as he can without the others hearing, "What the hell man!" "Griffin tried to squirm away but Noah was pushing down on his chest so hard he could barely breathe. "I don't know what you're talking about" "SHUT UP!" Noah stares intensely into griffin's eyes and whisper-yells into his face, anger boiling inside of him. Griffin was terrified as he spoke. "Never touch a woman like that. If you EVER touch her like that again, I'll mess you up so bad you won't be able to walk for weeks."

Noah realized what he was doing and began to slowly calm down. He knew he shouldn't have gotten violent, he usually never did. He slowly let go of Griffin and stood up to his feet. His words boomed in Griffin's ears as he was catching his breath. Noah turns to walks away. "Hey, Noah!" He takes a deep, hard breath as he spins around, "WHA-" Griffin punches him, and Noah stumbles on his feet before quickly lunging at him. They are locked in a fistfight. Griffin threw a few punches before Noah gained all control. He began punching Griffin continuously and he started to bruise and bleed. The others finally notice the commotion and run over to them. Blake and Chase pull them apart as the girls stare in shock.

Blake glares at Noah, "Bro what's gotten into you?!" Noah meets Dixie's eyes before quickly looking at Blake. "Nothing." Noah walks away towards the road as the others take Griffin to the ocean and wash off his face. Dixie checks to makes sure the others are distracted with Griffin, then quickly runs after Noah.

"Noah! Hey!" She catches up to him. He's standing to the side of the road, the same spot they had sat just minutes before. "I'm so sorry, Dix. I just, I saw him and I thought about you and just. I- I lost it, I-" Dixie wraps her arms around his neck and hugs him. "It's ok," she says calmly. He wraps his arms around her and lifts her slightly off the ground.

Dixie sinks into his body. His arms are strong, his body warm. She wished she could stay like this forever. She was certain at this moment, she was falling for her best friend's brother. Noah held her close to his chest, feeling each breath she took. He smelled her hair and squeezed her hips. Hugging her felt right, he wanted her to stay forever. He knew at this moment, he was falling for his sister's best friend.

Dixie lifted her head from his chest and he sets her down. She lays her forehead against his. They close their eyes, hearing nothing but the sound of their own heavy breaths. His arms are wrapped around her hips while she rests her arms on his shoulders.

"Dixie?"

She opens her eyes and looks straight ahead into his dark brown eyes. They were scared, but calm and secure in each other's gaze. "Yeah?" she whispers.

"Can I kiss you?" 

She stares straight at him and smiles. They both lean in, their soft lips brush against one another. It was a gentle kiss but held intense passion and tenderness. Dixie gently grabbed his face with her hands as Noah slid his hands up her back.  They felt like the only people in the world, they never wanted to let go. It felt as though they should've been doing this their whole lives.

They pull away from each other, their foreheads still glued together. They stare at each other smiling, as they try to catch their breath.

"Woah" Noah says breathily to which Dixie laughs lightly. "We should probably, get back to the others" Dixie expresses through her bright smile. "Yeah" Noah nods. Dixie looks at him one more time before scurrying back to the girls. Noah stays back and stares as she skips away, he can't stop smiling. He whispers to himself, "Damn."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

hey bubs! <3

DOAH FIRST KISS!! Hope you liked this chapter! Many more to come. Please follow me! I've already got like 3 ideas so I'll definitely be posting lots more Doah books! Anyway, hope you enjoyed it! New chapter coming tomorrow! (word count- 1088)

Follow Vote Comment