6) Nervoucited

Follow Vote Comment

June 20th (79 days left of Summer)

It had been four days since their kiss. Dixie had only seen Noah once at his house, briefly, before she left for the mall with Addison. The encounter was awkward but in a good way:

Addison was getting her keys in the kitchen when Noah came around the corner. He saw Dixie and smiled, "Oh, uh hey." She smiled awkwardly, "Hey...how you been?" "Pretty good" They looked around the room until meeting each other's gaze. They both started laughing. "Uh, we should probably.." Noah finished her sentence, "Talk soon? "Right.." They laughed again until Addison came back, "Alright ready to go?"

Dixie was chilling on her couch watching TV when she heard a knock at the door. She got up and opened it. "Oh, hey Noah." He smiled at her and asked, "Hey! Can I come in?" Dixie stepped aside, motioning for Noah to come in. "Where is everyone?" Dixie closes the door and walks back to the couch, "Uh parents are at work, and Charli's at the mall with Avani." Noah sits down next to Dixie. "That's great, actually. Addison and my parents are getting groceries so I thought I'd come over and we could chat"

"About what?" Noah gives Dixie a smirk and a "don't play dumb" look. Dixie chuckles, "Right, that." Noah looks at Dixie laughing and smiles, "I wanted to ask you out on a date." Dixie snaps her neck to Noah. Did he really just say that? She can tell by his eyes he really meant it and she smiles. she turns away and laughs "Um, ok yeah sure." She looks back at him, "I would love to go on a date with you." 

His smile widens, "Ok, great! Uh, I'll pick you up at 7!" They stare into each other's eyes for a few moments until Dixie glances at Noah's lips while bitting hers. Noah smiles and leans in meeting Dixie's lips halfway. They share a simple, gentle kiss before pulling away and smiling. Noah gets up from the couch and heads to the door. He reaches for the knob and walks out as he swiftly hollers, "See ya later, D'Amelio"

Dixie melts onto the couch. She thinks about their kiss, how warm it made her feel. And the way he says "D'Amelio" could've killed her then and there. She's suddenly taken out of her trance when she realizes what just happened. She was going on a date with her best friend's brother. How would she react? Maybe I just won't tell her. This thought shook her core. I can't do that! I can't keep such a huge secret from the one person I tell everything to. She thinks for a moment about what she had just unintentionally agreed to. She decided not to dwell on, and figure it out later with Noah. Right now, she had a date to prepare for!

6:45 pm

Dixie was completely ready for her date. She dressed much simpler than she would have liked too, but anything nicer would've raised suspicion between Charli and her parents. She walked downstairs and her mom was making dinner. "Hey, mom!" I'm gonna go to the park for a little while, is that okay?" "Of course it is sweetie! Just be back by 10:00 and make sure you eat something before bed." Dixie thanks her mom and walks into the living room. She sits on the couch across from Charli, who's watching Vampire Diaries on the couch. Dixie whips out her phone and texts Noah,

"Hey, park a few houses down and text me to come out."

"Who you texting?" Charli inquires. "Oh uh," she quickly puts her phone back in her pocket. "just Addison." Charli keeps her eyes glued on the TV as she talks, "Why you dressed so nice?" "Just going to the park to unwind." "Hmm.." Dixie quickly gets up and hurries to the door. "Well, I'm gonna go now, see ya later." She hurries out the door, fearful that Charli was somehow onto her. As she walks down the steps she sees Noah pull up.