13) I Love You

Follow Vote Comment

August 2nd (36 days left of Summer)

Dixie woke up at 8:00 am and went to reach for Noah, before quickly realizing he wasn't there. She looked at her other family members and sighed. She wished she could wake up to Noah, but there was no way that would be able to happen. She thought about what had happened last night. It was one of the best nights of her life, and yet she knew how upset it would make her closest friend. She knew she had to tell Addison the second they got back to LA, since she didn't want to ruin their trip.

She got up and got ready. By the time she got to the kitchen, everyone was already up and eating breakfast except for Charli who was still getting dressed. She grabbed some breakfast and sat at the table where everyone else was eating. She sat next to Noah and accidentally brushed his foot. She heard him smile and lightly giggled, quiet enough that no one else would hear. He tapped her foot back, and after a few moments they were secretly playing footsy under the table while they calmly talked with the others.

Charli scampers out of the room shouting, "Who's ready for a luau!" They immediately stop and turn red, fearful that Charli had seen them when she came out. But she hadn't, she was too excited about the luau they were attending later that day.

3:00 pm

The families had made their way to an afternoon luau! They were planning on staying for a few hours and then heading to a fancy outdoor restaurant. The luau was decorated with flowers, coconuts, and beautiful artworks. There were fruit buffets and a stage for the performers to dance. Noah noticed Dixie was excited for the festivities to begin. Dixie had already made her way to the fruit buffet and had her mouth full of watermelon. She looks at Noah who raises his eyebrow at her. She pulls a guilty face before laughing and he laughs along.

They all socialize with the other partygoers and have a blast. They watch as the islanders perform their dances. They had invited a few people (Including Noah and Addison) up onto the stage to learn the dance. Addison caught on pretty quickly but Noah looked like he had two left feet. Dixie could not stop laughing at him, he eventually gave up trying to look good and focused on making Dixie laugh with his stupid dance moves.

Charli watched Noah and Dixie interact, and was slightly confused. She didn't realize they had gotten so close. Dixie appeared to be very happy and was even blushing a little. She tried brushing it off, but it just felt strange. She knew Dixie very well, and she felt that something weird was going on, right under her nose.

They had been at the luau for a few hours when Dixie pulled Noah aside. She pulled him to the back of the setup, behind a tree. She didn't know that Charli had followed them and watching from afar.

"I decided I'm gonna tell Addison when we get back." Noah nods, "I think that's a good idea. How do you think she'll react?" Dixie sighs, "She won't talk to me for 2 weeks, if I'm lucky." Noah hugs her, "She won't be that mad" Dixie takes a deep breath in his arms, he was able to calm her. "But she will, I don't know what I'd do without her blessing.." Noah looks at her strangely and hoped she wasn't implying what he thought she was, "Let's just hope for the best ok?" Dixie answers him with a light kiss and they head back to their parents.

Charli can't believe her eyes. Did Dixie and Noah just kiss? There's no way! They had all been so close she had almost forgotten Dixie and Noah weren't related. She never imagined in a million years that they would date. She wished she would have heard what they were saying, but she was too far away. She didn't know what to do with the information. She thought about confronting them. She couldn't believe that Dixie, Noah, and Addison had hidden this from her and she couldn't understand why. She had always felt ostracized from them since she was younger and this just made it worse. She was so close to the girls and wasn't sure why Addison and Dixie wouldn't tell her, but she didn't have much time to think about it. Her parents called for her to come back because it was time for them to leave for dinner.