9) Birthday Cake

Follow Vote Comment

July 23th (46 days left of Summer)

Dixie awoke to a million text messages from friends and family, wishing her a happy birthday. She responded to each message thanking everyone and reminding them about the party she's having later in the day. The last message was from Noah:

"Happy birthday, bub! I hope it's the best one ever! I can't wait to kiss and hug you at your party! (and I know you'll love the gift I got you;) I miss you so much but I'll see you soon!

Dixie blushes and types back a simple, "I miss you too baby! See you later! <3" and turned off her phone to get ready. She wore a satin black shirt with a tight, black leather skirt. She wore more makeup and jewelry than she usually would, and did her nails:

She skipped down the stairs and ran into the living room where the rest of her family was watching TV

She skipped down the stairs and ran into the living room where the rest of her family was watching TV. Charli hopped up and gave Dixie a big hug, 'Happy Birthday grandma!" Dixie shoves her off, "excuse me?" "What! You're 20, you're not a teen anymore." Dixie rolls her eyes, "Whatever Char, love you too." Suddenly the fresh scent of bacon and waffles fills the air. Dixie hurries to the kitchen and sees a breakfast buffet, complete with eggs, bacon, waffles, whip cream, and assorted fruits!

"Oh my god! Thank you, mama!" Heidi enters the kitchen and gives Dixie a squeeze. "Happy birthday baby. But there is a catch. Dixie turns to her, "Oh no, you're not gonna make me clean your car again are you?" Heidi cackles, "No sweetie! of course not! Your father and I have to take an overnight trip to Bakersfield, so we won't be here for your party." Dixie hugs her, "Oh that's okay mom!" They hug for a moment and Dixie begins to fill a plate with food.

Dixie spent the rest of the day hanging with Charli and their parents. She ate some great food and responded to people's birthday wishes on Instagram.

6:00 pm

"Ok guys, we're leaving!" Dixie and Charli run downstairs to say goodbye. "We'll miss you so much!" "We'll miss you too! Happy Birthday, sweetie. I hope you have a great party." Marc gets the bags and begins to wake out the door as he tells the girls, "The Becks are coming over in a few minutes and you guys can set up the party. We'll call you later tonight. Bye!"

Dixie and Charli went to the garage and brought in all the party decorations. After a few minutes, the doorbell rang and Noah and Mrs. Beck walked in. "We're here!" Mrs. Beck walks into the living room where Dixie was hanging up a banner. "Happy birthday sweetheart!" "Thank you!" Dixie gushed as she hugged Noah's mom.

Noah wandered into the kitchen and Dixie gave him a friendly hug. "Happy Birthday, Dix" "thank you, Noah." Noah rubs his hands together, "Alright! How can we help!"

They spend the next half hour setting up decorations, food, and a table for gifts. Charli and Mrs. Beck were blowing up balloons in the living room while Noah set up some food in the kitchen. Dixie walks into the kitchen over to Noah, "Wow, I am really loving this birthday cake!" He stays focused on opening a fruit tray, "You haven't eaten anything yet." Dixie slaps Noah's butt and he jumps. He bursts into a short fit of laughter before looking to make sure the others didn't hear. He turns to Dixie and stares at her, bewildered. She smirks and raises her eyebrows at him, causing both of them to quietly giggle.

7:00 pm

By now people were beginning to show up, and Dixie was already tired from greeting everyone. She turned to the door just as Addison ran in. "There's the birthday girl!" She runs up to dixie and squeezes her tightly, "How are you!" Dixie laughs, "I'm really good! This is a fun party!" Addison and Dixie talk for a while longer before Addison heads to the kitchen.

"Hey, Dixie?" Dixie flips around to see Noah in the hall. "Can you help me with something?" Dixie follows him into the guest bedroom and closes the door. Noah grabs her and kisses her, she happily kisses back. "Well hello to you too!" Dixie blushes. Noah hugs her tightly. Happy Birthday! How have you been? Are you overwhelmed?" Dixie was so happy to be with someone who was so thoughtful. "No, I'm okay so far. But the parties just beginning so we'll see." "Okay, just tell me if you need anything." She pulls away from his hug and smiles, staring deeply into his eyes. She leans in and gives him a short peck before returning to the living room. Noah watches her walk back and thinks to himself. He couldn't believe he was so lucky to be with such an amazing girl.

Everyone had arrived and was partying, the music was blasting and they were almost out of pizza. Avani runs up to the "stage"(Noah had set up a temporary karaoke machine platform) and grabs the microphone. "Ok, where's the birthday girl!" Everyone laughs and looks around until Dixie makes her way to Avani. She hands her the microphone and gestures for her to say something. "Hey everybody!" She looks out to the crowd of 70 people or so, "Thank you guys for coming to my party! I hope you're all having fun!" Everybody hollers and Dixie laughs. "Um ok, what should we do now?" A few people shout 'Presents" which causes the rest to sit in a circle around the living room. Dixie grabs a few gifts from the table and sits and one end of the circle. "Ok I won't bore you all with this, so I'll just open a few."

She opened a few presents. Charli got her a lava lamp for her room and a Starbucks gift card. She got some makeup and nail polish from Avani, and Addison gave her a basket of her favorite goodies. "Thank you so much, Addison! I love all of this!" "It's almost like I'm your best friend or something!" Addison teases. Dixie laughs and rolls her eyes. "Ok, last one" She reaches for a bag and pulls out the tissue paper. At the bottom of the bag, she sees a small, pink spiral notebook. "Ooh! This is so pretty!" She opens the notebook and finds a note on the first page.

"Happy Birthday, Dix! I got you a notebook! I know you're really observant, and I learned that Journalling could be a really calming activity. I think you'd really enjoy it! I have another present for you too, but I'll give it to you in private. Happy Birthday!"

There was no name, but she knew who it was from. She looked up and met Noah's eyes. "Thank you, Noah." She smiled at him and put the journal back in the box. Mrs. Beck stands up and gets a gift from the table. Ok Noah, Adds, Char, go sit next to Dixie. They all get up and take a seat by Dixie. "What's going on?" They all laugh as Mrs. Beck facetimes somebody. Charli's eyes widen, "Oh hey Mom and Dad!" Mrs. Beck sets the phone down, facing the kids, and places a tiny bag in front of each of them. "Ok, this present is for the whole Beck-D'Amelio family" They all open up the bags and gasp. They each pull out a plane ticket and Addison begins to scream. "WE'RE GOING TO HAWAII!" "Oh my god!" They all get up and hug. Heidi laughs, "We're all going in a week, so get ready!" Everybody cheers and runs over to Dixie. A new wave of excitement rushed through the party and they all began to party again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

hey bubs! <3

shoutout to @BraddisonLoverr for suggesting they go on a trip! The next episode is gonna have a little smut oop- I don't feel comfortable doing like full smut lol but I'll do a little bit so yeah that's coming anyway byeeee! ;) (word count- 1378)

Follow Vote Comment