16) Charli's Dinner

Follow Vote Comment

August 9th ( 28 days left of Summer)

It had been over a week and Noah and Addison wouldn't even speak to Dixie. She called them every day and left text messages which they'd read and ignore. She couldn't believe they were still ignoring her after so long. She thought they would at least hear her out but they wouldn't even tell her to stop calling. They just flat out ignored her.

Charli wasn't very happy with her either, though she couldn't completely ignore her since they lived In the same house. She would talk to her like everything was normal but the second she tried to explain herself or apologize Charli would just leave.

"Girls come down here!" Marc shouted to them and they were sitting in the living room within minutes. 'What's up?" Heidi turns to Charli, "Your birthday is today! I know you said you didn't want to do anything special, but I think we should have a nice dinner." Charli thought for a minute, "Ok that sounds fine." "You can invite Avani and I'm gonna invite the Becks-" Charli stands up, "Oh no! We're not doing that." Dixie butts in, "Uh, yeah I agree with her I don't think that's a very good idea." They tell them to sit back down and Marc says, "You guys need to figure out what's going on with all of you, and I need to talk to Noah." He stares at Dixie.

"Ok first of all dad, there's no way this dinner will end in anything but a bigger mess. And second, I'm 20 now. You can't control who I date." She tried to said the last part confidently but she was afraid of what her father would say. "I know that." That surprised her. "I just want to know his intentions." "Well, there might not even be a point to that, cause he's not talking to me so..." Heidi leans in, "Dixie?" Dixie looks at her with a frown. "Things are going to be okay. You know that right?" Dixie smiled and hugged her, "Thank you mom"

The Beck house wasn't a very fun environment at the moment. Noah and Addison didn't talk to each other at all, except for the occasional snarky remarks Addison would make. Noah was annoyed with Addison, but could understand where she was coming from. Dixie, on the other hand, he didn't want to talk to her. He was upset with her for breaking his heart and not seeming to care. He thought Dixie would never love him more than she loved Addison. He would do anything for her in a heartbeat but he wasn't sure she felt the same.

Noah and Addison were in the kitchen when their mom came downstairs, "We're going to a birthday dinner for Charli at the D'Amelio house tonight." They both started to protest before their mom shut it down. "No buts, We're going. You all need to talk about it eventually. You can't just ignore the problem as easily as you ignore her calls." At this point it was clear to everyone including the parents: Everyone was mad at Dixie.

She left the room and Addison began complaining. "I don't want to talk to her, or you. But mostly her, She lied to my face so many times!" Noah walks up to the island and leans into it, across from Addison. "She felt bad about it Adds, she wanted to tell you but she didn't know how."  "Why are you defending her? I thought you were mad at her?"

"I am. I'm really upset with her but that doesn't mean I'm gonna bash her. I may be mad but I still love her" Addison looks at Noah, shocked. "You love her?" Noah sadly rolls his eyes, and drags away from the table as he mutters a depressed, "Yeah."

Addison stood there alone. She wondered if Dixie loved him too. She began to feel bad, what if Noah was right? What if she was being too unreasonable? She decided she would at least give her a chance to explain. But she wasn't prepared to accept any apologies yet.

7:30 pm (D'Amelio House)

Charli and Dixie were sitting in silence at the Dining table when the doorbell rang. Charli looked at Dixie then got up and went to the door. "Avani!" They hug and she leads Avani to the table. She sits down and says hi to Dixie. Charli and Avani talk for a little while, Dixie assumed she knew about the drama currently going on. Then the doorbell rang again. Charli and Dixie looked at each other. "Hey girls can you get that, we're cooking." They looked at each other and Charli made it clear she wasn't going to help Dixie out of any uncomfortable situations tonight. Dixie slowly rose from her chair and went to the door. She takes a deep breath before opening it.

"Hi! Welcome to Charli's birthday dinner, find a seat and try to smile through the awkwardness..." They very lightly and awkwardly laugh as they all come inside. Mrs. Beck gave Dixie a reassuring smile as she came in, which definitely helped her feel better.

 Beck gave Dixie a reassuring smile as she came in, which definitely helped her feel better

"Ok, who's hungry!" Mr. and Mrs. D'Amelio come in from the kitchen and place the food on the table. Everybody begins filling their plates and Mrs. Beck talks to Charli about her birthday. The dinner was going by painfully slow. The only people to say more than three words at a time were the parents, and even then they were noticeably uncomfortable. Eventually, Heidi decided to speak up. "You need to talk to each other." They stayed silent. "You have to talk about how you're feeling or you'll never get through this. You've been friends for too long, there's nothing you can't solve." Addison snaps, "Dixie's the one who should start!" "What do you mean?! I've tried, you won't listen to me!" Addison crosses her arms and sits back, "I'm listening." Dixie just looks at her, she didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry." "For what?" She took a deep breath, "I should have told you the second I knew I liked Noah-" Addison interrupts her with anger, "That's what you're sorry about?" Dixie looked at her tired and confused. "You're sorry you didn't tell me? How about being sorry that it happened in the first place? You're my best friend Dixie, you shouldn't have pursued ANYTHING with MY brother!" Dixie just stared at her, not wanting to tell Addison what she was really thinking. She was surprised to hear Noah speak for the first time that night, "Are you, Dixie?" She turned and looked him in the eyes.

God, she missed his eyes. She missed kissing his lips and holding his hand. She missed ranting to him about the stupidest things and hearing him agree just to make her feel better. She missed listening to him ramble about his day, seeing the way his eyes would sparkle with joy. She missed his arms around her tired body. She thought about her birthday, how happy she was to be with him. She had taken him for granted, she hadn't shown him how much she truly appreciated him until it was too late.

"Are you sorry it happened?" She gulped. She couldn't hurt Noah anymore. She loved her best friend, but she finally realized she couldn't keep them both happy. If Addison couldn't accept that she was happiest with Noah, then maybe they just aren't meant to be best friends for life.

She turned her whole body straight to Addison, blocking out everybody else and speaking directly to her. "Addison I love you, and I would never purposefully do anything to hurt you. But I can't go back and stop myself from falling in love with Noah. And even if I could there's no way in hell I would even consider it. And I know that hurts and that's not what you want to hear, But I tried to tell you what you wanted to hear and it just ruined everything. I was putting aside my feelings to keep you happy, I have been since we were 10. I love Noah, you can't change that. I'm sorry I lied to you, I'm so sorry. But I won't let my feelings for Noah affect our friendship! Nothing's going to change unless you can't accept that I love your brother."

Dixie's eyes were filled with tears as she tried not to cry. Their eyes had been locked on each other since she started speaking. Addison was slowly comprehending everything she said. Noah was staring straight at Dixie, deep in thought. The others were frozen in their seats waiting for Addison and Noah's reaction.

------------------------------

hey bubs! <3

Damn Dixie really did that. As she should tho honestly. Anyway, what do you think Addison's gonna say? You'll find out soon! (word count- 1508)

Follow Vote Comment