Chapter 18

"Do you always have to make such a mess of yourself?" Alice scolded me as we all walked the remaining distance from the forest to my parents home.

"Sorry, Alice. But hey, at least I wore ratty clothes and left my good clothes here."

"Bo's always been a messy eater. It was cute when she was a baby, but she never really grew out of it." Mamma commented.

"Says the woman who could only eat half her deer." Jo sassed.

"Your father and I ate a big lunch."

"Where is Uncle Sean, anyway?"

"He's at the Cullens', Charlie. He's keeping an eye on Emmett's party with Carlisle just like Esme and I are keeping an eye on this party."

"My father is attending my fiancé's bachelor party. Kill me now."

"Oh, don't be so dramatic. It's not like you two have done anything your dad will get mad about or everyone would have smelled it by now." Lydia brushed off from the porch.

"Whatever. Are the girls from La Push here, yet?" I deflected.

"Not yet. You've got time for a quick shower before they get here. But it has to actually be quick. They slept all day so they'd be awake the whole time."

"Fine, fine. But no 'Notebook'."

"But it's a classic."

"And a tear joker. We're not watching a movie that'll make us cry at my bachelorette party. Maybe when Jordan pops the question we can watch it at yours." I finished off with a tease.

"He better not propose before Derek." Stiles popped off as we walked into the house.

"Stiles, I think you're the one that's gonna have to propose to Derek. I don't really see him as getting down on one knee." Jo contradicted.

"Moving on. Bo, go shower and change while we set up the family room." Mama commented.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Ladies, we are here to thank Bo for bringing us all together as one family and for making Emmett the happiest I've ever seen him. I couldn't quite see you coming, but for once I'm glad to be surprised." Alice finished her speech.

"My turn." Stiles slurred, standing sloppily to his feet. "Bo, thank you. For finally introducing Jo to Peter and getting him back to how Derek remembered him. And for being one of the best friends I've made since joining the supernatural world. You've been pack since the first time we met, and now you're going to be family. You've opened up so many doors to us. And I know Derek would rather eat his tongue than admit it, but you managed to heal that last crack Kate left in him. Thank you." I couldn't help but sniffle and Lydia leapt to bring me tissue.

"Stiles, she said she didn't  want to cry tonight."

"No, it's okay, Ali. I don't know how you're going to top that speech at the reception, Stiles." I spoke up, dabbing at my eyes.

"Don't worry. I've still got plenty to work with."