CHAPTER XXIII: It's Over

tw: brief death scene, sexual content; longer chapter today because a lot happens and we are almost at the end. And I promise that there will be a satisfying ending! :)

fyi: I'm starting another story and the description is already out for anyone who is interested, it will be another dark fantasy. You can find it in my works on here and AO3.

You stood in front of Gringotts waiting for Loki to arrive. You didn't see him anywhere.

Seconds later, a random woman approached you. She had silvery hair and was wearing a dark cloak. She looked familiar.

"Hello," she said in a friendly tone.

"Hi?"

"It's me."

"Who?"

"Loki!"

"Loki?"

"Yes."

"Why are you a woman?" You asked him, confused.

"I'm in disguise, of course. Hold on, let me help you," he waved his wand at you, and you looked down. Your hair color had changed. Usually, you would need polyjuice potion for this sort of thing, but Loki always seemed to be such a master at transfiguration. It must be a death eater thing.

"Who am I?" 

"Some random cousin of the Black family. I'm Narcissa Black, soon to be a Malfoy. You saw her before at one of Riddle's meetings. The Lestrange family vault has been handed down to the Black family. There, we will find the cup," Loki explained.

"What happened to the Lestranges?"

"I killed them all."

"Oh," was all you said.

You entered the bank with him and stood in front of one of the goblins. He squinted through his glasses to take a look at both of you. Loki did all the talking and he even transformed a quill pen into a key for the vault.

Wouldn't the goblins be able to see right through that?

Naturally, they did not. Loki knew what he was doing. Soon enough, you were already in a mining cart being brought to the vault by one of them.

The mining cart was more unsteady then you realized and you gripped onto Loki's shoulder to stabilize yourself. You could see him smile slightly behind his long, black curtain of hair.

The cart stopped in front of a vault door adorned with thorns and buds. It looked like a fairly simple entrance, except for the enormous Ukrainian Ironbelly dragon sleeping right next to it.

The goblin showed you a bell, or a clanker, which he used to help you get past the dragon. You pretended you already knew about it. The dragon was twitching in its sleep at the sound of the bell.

The goblin stayed back while Loki whispered a spell to enter inside. There were piles and piles of golden goblets, trinkets, and jewels splayed out all over the place. You both searched for the cup in every inch and crevice of the vault while the goblin stood there waiting for you. He looked as if he was trying his best to mind his own business.

Loki finally found the cup, but the instant he touched it, the goblets and trinkets began to double. Soon, there were even bigger piles of them and you were almost being drowned in gold. The cause of this was Geminio, or the doubling charm; it was placed there by the Lestranges in order to protect the cup.

Loki grabbed your hand and managed to drag you out of the vault in time for it all to barricade the door closed. 

You took a deep breath. That was a close one.